Status
Not open for further replies.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
gauravsuneja said:
i ran linux over windows today in microsoft virtual pc
linux distro was knppix live cd 3.1
ran smoothly

Huh! What's the point in having a Live CD and running it over a virtual pc??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Knoppix 3.1 is decades old. (1 decade = 10 months) . KDE bundled with knoppix 3.1 is nothing when compared to latest KDE 3.2.x from Knoppix 3.4. Get hold of Knoppix 3.4 if you find any geek near u.

Anybody tried Gnoppix 0.6 ?

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
GNUrag wrote :
Anybody tried Gnoppix 0.6 ?
I am trying to get one. --- live cd based on debian --- It looks really cool on their screenshots ------- :arrow: *www.gnoppix.org/pages/screenshots/060rc2.html
also gknoppi 0.7 beta --- *www.gnoppix.org/pages/screenshots/index.html

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
It_is_Andrew said:
I am trying to get one. --- live cd based on debian --- It looks really cool on their screenshots

It has to look cool, its based on GNOME 2.6 :eek: :eek:

It is still 21 days away from its first release. I'm waiting for it. After that it will go in my download queue at hbcse

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
well cn u tell me how i can install i pls. pls pls how can i run linux over windows
?

tuxfan

Technomancer
If you have a live CD, you just need to boot from it. For this, you may have to change the boot sequence in BIOS. You change BIOS settings by pressing (or continuously pressing, if its too fast) the DEL key when your machine starts. Select the CD-ROM as first boot device.

Then load the Knoppix (or any other live distro) CD and boot. Quite simple.

allajunaki

Journeyman
if u wanna run on virtual PC run a normal distro... as such Live CD distro's are slow because of constant Access to CD ROM and Compression...

Anyways how is the speed of Microsoft Virtrual PC.... I have run Linux on VMWare sometime back... while it worked flawlessly, it was mighty slow... (I ran RedHat 8 or 7.... was a long time back). But it screwed up my networking (I was using 2 Lan Cards and XP's builtin Bridging for 3 PC's)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom