I purchased this new computer.answer this questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I purchased this new computer.answer this questions.

thanks Tech&ME and others for helping me

see this thread.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28058&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

now i have purchased computer on the suggestion i got from this forum.

SEE this did i paid more

Pentium 3.0 9900
Asrock775Dual-915GL 5800
Ide card 1500
Ram 2 Gb (333Mhz) 11200
Floppy drive 400
Cabniet 2400
Mouse 450
keyboard 450
dvd writer sony 810A 4500

Total 36600

Please i want to know this
1)
I want to know that this board has 7.1 channel audio
so it has 4 socket for audio cable
i mean
side speaker, rear speaker, central/bass , front speaker,

but i have intex 2400 Watts speakers that has only one wire to connect in one socket

now i cant hear bass and all other as there cant be cable to plug in that socket,so anyone knows where to find this type of speakers. and what is the cost for the minimum price speakers.

thanks

2)Also as vendor gave me DDR333 instead of DDR400 how much is difference in performance of this ram

thanks for helping me

q3_abhi

Youngling
I don think you have paid more.Its the normal price tag. Infact the 2 GB RAM has increased the price tag.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
1) If it has only one wire to connect, then it is probably a 2/2.1 speaker, right? If so, then u need to conect the speaker wire to the Front speaker socket on the mother board and set the prefernces in the sound driver to 2 channel sound.

2) If the vendor gave you a ddr333 instead of ddr400, then obviously you will lose some performance. When buying ram, always note that you get the highest frequency and lowest latecies for the price you have in mind. Get it chsnged if that's what you asked of him.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
1) I want to know that i purchased ide card because i have 2 hard disk and 2 drives to connect.
but my dvd rom drive is not connecting with it
i think ide card only supports hard disk

so please tell where there are any convertor so that i can connect drive .
i have purchased dvd writer but i want dvd drive also as it has not been older than 6 months.i want it to be connected

Are any sata to ide or ide to sata convertor or cable
also is there any ide card that supports cd rom , dvd rom , dvd writer to be connected on it.

2) I have connected the speaker wire to the Front speaker socket on the mother board and set the prefernces in the sound driver to 2 channel sound.
Also because i have 2 channel speaker connected whether there will be quality loss in hearing because i have put 2 channel in setting for audio in control panel . i dont have 8 channel

Tech&ME

Banned
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
SEE this did i paid more

Pentium 3.0 9900 ----- I paid Rs. 9800 including vat
Asrock775Dual-915GL 5800 ------- In digit July 2005 pg 56 price is : Rs. 4110 + vat = 4274 , so u paid more here.
Ide card 1500 ------ What is this for ? u 4 SATA onboard
Ram 2 Gb (333Mhz) 11200 ------must have purchased 400 Mhz Floppy drive 400
Cabniet 2400 ----- Which Company ?
Mouse 450 ---- Which company/model ?
keyboard 450 ---- Which company/model ?
dvd writer sony 810A 4500

Total 36600

Please i want to know this
1)
I want to know that this board has 7.1 channel audio
so it has 4 socket for audio cable
i mean
side speaker, rear speaker, central/bass , front speaker,

but i have intex 2400 Watts speakers that has only one wire to connect in one socket

now i cant hear bass and all other as there cant be cable to plug in that socket,so anyone knows where to find this type of speakers. and what is the cost for the minimum price speakers.

thanks

2)Also as vendor gave me DDR333 instead of DDR400 how much is difference in performance of this ram

thanks for helping me

Q 1 : Ans : You need to purchase a 7.1 channel audio system from creative or altec lansing, to solve your problem. Since you were much more interested in the 7.1 audio system and thus has purchased this motherboard, u must purchase it from Altech Lansing to full fill your system.

Q 2: Ans : Ya that does makes a difference. And get the RAM of Kingstone or some good company only.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
About your ide card: most of the ide cards I have seen do support any ide devce, meaning even a cdrom drive. Some cards requre you to setup the card's bios before the normal bios loads up. Check if that is the case. Also, check if your mobo already has a cdrom ide socket. If so, you can use that instead.

2) I have connected the speaker wire to the Front speaker socket on the mother board and set the prefernces in the sound driver to 2 channel sound.
Also because i have 2 channel speaker connected whether there will be quality loss in hearing because i have put 2 channel in setting for audio in control panel . i dont have 8 channel
Of course you don't have 8 channel speaker. That bass output is available only for 5.1 and above configurations. For 2 channel speaker system, the bass is mixed into the 2 channel. If u have a 2.1 speaker system, then ur speaker will seperate this bass channel and send it to the woofer by itself. Here too, you don't need to use the bass channel. So chill out. Unless you really want 8 channel or 6 channel sound and ur wallet can take it, u don't need a surround system.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Siriusb See this
thanks all for the help
but is there any sata to ide or ide to sata cable so i can connect dvd drive.

Check if that is the case. Also, check if your mobo already has a cdrom ide socket.. If so, you can use that instead.
no motherboard has 1 ide port
so i have connected hard disk and dvd writer

Some cards requre you to setup the card's bios before the normal bios loads up
yes the vendor has looked into bios but if he connects dvd drive
it tells searching ide drives for 20-30 secs and can detect only hard disk

otherwise it dont tells searching ide drives
it searches hard disk in 1-2 secs only

About your ide card: most of the ide cards I have seen do support any ide devce, meaning even a cdrom drive. .
if any card supports cd or dvd drive please tell name and model if u can so i can replace it

thanks

Tech&ME see this

Asrock775Dual-915GL 5800 ------- In digit July 2005 pg 56 price is : Rs. 4110 + vat = 4274 , so u paid more here.

so i paid 1526 more . where to get latest price to prove this to him
so that i can tell my vendor to phone there and adjust the cost of 1526 which is much.may be little price has been increased .
tell me only if u can easily tell otherwise avoid it.

i paid 50 % payment only now.

You need to purchase a 7.1 channel audio system from creative or altec lansing, to solve your problem.

Can u quote me the rough cost/price of this 7.1 channel audio system.

Ya that does makes a difference
can u tell how much more increase in speed i can get
because if i tell him he gave ddr 333 i asked ddr 400 ram only
he will give little money back but i dont think he will replace ram

because i have 1 ide port on motherboard
i have
2 harddisk
1 dvd writer sony 810A
1 dvd drive samsung (purchased it when digit offer was there so warranty is still there so i want to connect it not keep it without using.

i dont want to purchase new sata hard disk .
and dvd writer does not come on sata

Cabniet 2400 ----- ibenz (iball)
Mouse 450 ---- Samsung SMOP1310 optical wheel mouse PS/2
keyboard 450 ---- Logitech Y- SM46

thanks for your help
yes i purchase this computer because he was not getting gigabyte and original intel models that supports 7.1 channel sound
also he was not getting the model u suggested.

can u tell me the cost of hard disk with warranty

i paid
80 Gb 3350 for this computer hard disk
40 Gb 2750 for 845 computer that i purchased

is this correct. i want price with warranty my vendor told me no one can give u harddisk for less than this. if it gives may be it has no support for warranty and u have to come and purchase it from shop and install yourself.

Tech&ME

Banned
AMITAGARWAL02 said:

Tech&ME see this

so i paid 1526 more . where to get latest price to prove this to him
so that i can tell my vendor to phone there and adjust the cost of 1526 which is much.may be little price has been increased .
tell me only if u can easily tell otherwise avoid it.

i paid 50 % payment only now.

You need to purchase a 7.1 channel audio system from creative or altec lansing, to solve your problem.

Can u quote me the rough cost/price of this 7.1 channel audio system.

Ya that does makes a difference
can u tell how much more increase in speed i can get
because if i tell him he gave ddr 333 i asked ddr 400 ram only
he will give little money back but i dont think he will replace ram

because i have 1 ide port on motherboard
i have
2 harddisk
1 dvd writer sony 810A
1 dvd drive samsung (purchased it when digit offer was there so warranty is still there so i want to connect it not keep it without using.

i dont want to purchase new sata hard disk .
and dvd writer does not come on sata

Cabniet 2400 ----- ibenz (iball)
Mouse 450 ---- Samsung SMOP1310 optical wheel mouse PS/2
keyboard 450 ---- Logitech Y- SM46

thanks for your help
yes i purchase this computer because he was not getting gigabyte and original intel models that supports 7.1 channel sound
also he was not getting the model u suggested.

can u tell me the cost of hard disk with warranty

i paid
80 Gb 3350 for this computer hard disk
40 Gb 2750 for 845 computer that i purchased

is this correct. i want price with warranty my vendor told me no one can give u harddisk for less than this. if it gives may be it has no support for warranty and u have to come and purchase it from shop and install yourself.

My Suggestions and answers :

@AMITAGARWAL02

First off your motherboard does not have any PCI-E port onboard, and hence it is not future ready. A 915 based board without PCI-E is just wast of money. U could have purchased any 810 board from intel.

Now you are not even using the 7.1 channel sound! You still need to upgrade to atleast a 7.1 based sound system which you can get from creative or Altec Lansing --- prices vary according to model must be between 5K - 10K

Next you got yourself an IDE card, and your vendor happy gave you what for? Does your VENDOR know what and IDE Card does ?

Next again does your VENDOR know what onboard IDE is for to connect two ATAPI devices ..... Hi.... Hi.....Hi.... and ya he did try to connect them na..... ????? :wink: :wink: Man for your information the IDE connector onboard is to connect one ATAPI device, that is any one CD-Rom / or CD-RW combo or DVD/CD combo / or DVD- RW combo as slave and any PATA harddisk as master. (Note: you cannot connect a ATAPI device as master when there is already a ATAPI device connected as slave with this board and chipset)

Next since you say "80 Gb 3350 for this computer hard disk" , so you did buy a harddisk but that also PATA Why ? buy SATA man!!! its the same price around. check this site for prices ---- www.computerwarehousepricelist.com (bangalore). You can also refer chip - september 2005 issue.

Next through that IDE Card and get yourself one SATA harddisk instead , i mean give back the IDE card and purchase one SATA harddisk ok.

OR

you can use your DVD writer or DVD rom as slave and your old PATA harddisk as master and if you need on more harddisk , buy a SATA and connect it to the SATA port.

If you don't mind can you tell me who is your vendor ? I want to meet him. and is he also a marwari ? (don't feel bad about it , i am also a marwari)

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
thanks for your reply

If you don't mind can you tell me who is your vendor ? I want to meet him. and is he also a marwari no he is south indian

actually i dont want games like quake
i like only nfs or racing games so i dont need pci express . if i need i can get agp

no i cant return hard disk as it is now 1 month old.
i purchased it before purchasing this new computer.
so now it cant be exchanged

Next again does your VENDOR know what onboard IDE is for to connect two ATAPI devices ..... Hi.... Hi.....Hi.... and ya he did try to connect them na..... ?????

i dont understood what u are saying whether 2 devices can be connected or not

if yes may be he forgot to DVD drive to set as slave

you can use your DVD writer or DVD rom as slave and your old PATA harddisk as master

i will do that for dvd and check whether it works.

creative or Altec Lansing --- prices vary according to model must be between 5K - 10K

how can i select the models because many are having only 2 channels system in shops. so when i purchased 2 channel intex audio system long back i listen carefully the demo and then purchased , now i cant do that as i think very very few may be having 7.1 channels that too very less model
where to choose from . website. shop where please tell thanks

in bios memory is showing 333 mhz but vendor told he put 400 mhz
how to check which he put
i have 1 gb + 1 gb memory

I open the cabniet and saw

SD-ATA 8212-133 RAID CARD i think that is ide card.
i also connected dvd drive by making it master and then added pin to make it slave but it was not detecting why
I saw manual
it tells
Q: Is CD ROM able to be used?
A: This product does not support any ATAPI devices.

where can i find card that support cd rom or dvd rom

i saw Iball power supply Model LPE 223-400 what is this 400 or 300 watts power supply

i saw at ram and saw 400 was wriitten on it but in bios it is telling 333 mhz
why

Tech&ME

Banned
Man you are great !

Don't you understand english ?

I said u must connect your DVD Writer to as slave on the onboard IDE. I said don't use the IDE CARD that you have purchased. Its of no use.

Connect any PATA harddisk to the same IDE port of your motherboard as MASTER.

And for your info the BIOS should show 400Mhz and not 333Mhz ok. Don't go by the sticker on the RAM. Your motherboard is giving correct information. So, fire your VENDOR !

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
ok thanks but the vendor says if i tried to connect master harddisk that it used to boot up computer ,the computer will not boot.
also as it is raid there is great chance of losing data. because raid is copy of another hard disk when connected.

thanks for helping me all the time

when i asked the vendor it says let motherboard tell you 333 it is 400 only

i checked bios it tells 333
but what is sure way to check it

dvd writer sony 810A 4500 u have not told this price
also u missed many questions
please answer if u can thanks.

i paid 75 % payment till now so vendor can listen me at any cost now.

Tech&ME

Banned
@ AMITAGARWAL02

Look Motherboard cannot give you wrong information. the reason is it checks the chip of the RAM before initializing it. U must understand this. The BIOS is the one who checks this and it will only display what it has found out. Actually what happens is, the RAM during manufacturing is programmed to display what it has.

So, I think your VENDOR is lying to you.
Actually a DDR 400 speed RAM should show 200Mhz on your BIOS screen.

And Please tell me which company RAM is it ?

AMITAGARWAL02 said:
ok thanks but the vendor says if i tried to connect master harddisk that it used to boot up computer ,the computer will not boot.
also as it is raid there is great chance of losing data. because raid is copy of another hard disk when connected

What do you mean to say, I don't understand.

I am surprised ! your VENDOR is a big fool.
Man you said you have the PATA harddisk right so, where does RAID comes with PATA,. I said connect your old harddisk as MASTER on the same IDE onboard. (Do not use the IDE CARD your bought, in this case ok!)

And i don't understand, where did your vendor learned that you cannot boot from the old harddisk if you connect it as master ? Everyone in this forum will laugh at your VENDOR. You Vendor is a GREAT FOOL!

Man i need to talk with your vendor directly. Who he is ? What is his qualifications ? please tell me.

Your DVD Writer price is ok.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
i think it is hynix ram
thanks
i will reply

actually as it is asrock motherboard and ide card is connected
i dont see any information like processor or ram when i switch on the pc
only i can see is ide card information
also screen like we get
floopy drive
ram
master or slave
i mean the screen that comes just before win 98 is displayed is not shown

i have to press F2 and then see all information
i have check

there is setting in bios setup utility
when i press F2 it goes to bios setup utility
then i click advanced
then chipset configuration
then dram frequency
i see this 3 options
Auto
166 Mhz (DDR 333)
200 Mhz (DDR 400)

when i select auto 166 Mhz (DDR 333) is displayed
when i select 200 Mhz (DDR 400) it displays
200 Mhz (DDR 400)

thanks for helping

Tech&ME

Banned
yes its true that your BIOS information will not be shown automatically when you have windows XP installed. U will have to maually go to the BIOS to get the info.

So, you problem is solved now.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hi Amit,

First off congrats on gettin a new PC. Second off man y did u buy asrock, u shud've gone for Intel ori board, coz u not gonna oc so Intel is good and it has a PCI-E on it. Anyways u cant help it as of now. So for ur problems:-

1. U said that u got 2 1gb ram chips right, do one small and easy expt remove one of the Ram chips and see the MHz speed then do the same thing with the other chip coz if any 1 of the ram chip is of 333 MHz both will work at 333 MHz only so check that.

2. If u r using RAID card for PATA HDD's I dont think so that u might b able to detect a CD or DVD rom on it coz AFAIK it is used only for HDD's. So if it is used with CD , DVD roms also I dont know u should ask other ppl.

3. If u r connecting ur HDD to RAID u wont see it on the motherboard bios screen remember that u can see it on the ide card bios screen only. I'm not too sure abt it but I think thats the way it is supposed to b.

4. Who said so XP doesnt work off RAID it does work u have to set it up again. The only diff is that while it asks for a driver for RAID devices u have to press F6 (I think so check on the screen) and supply the RAID card drivers and everything else will work fine ok.

5. If there is nothing else u can do, I still have an option for u, there r some usb drive cases that have a PATA connector in them I'm not sure about the availability but the retail for anywhere bet 500 - 1k bux so if ur RAID doesnt work u need to get that drive casing any PATA, ATAPI drive works with that.

Try ur luck on this front and see what happens.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Thanks thanks djmykey
for answering

01) but do i need to buy casing for dvd drive because dvd drive i think is in casing
i mean when u look at any cd or dvd drive that comes in case so that is same casing or i have to but another

i think if i buy cable ide to usb and cable for power supply it will be ok
i will ask in the market
but my vendor is fool

02)where to get 7.1 speakers
my vendor told upto 5.1 is available in market

if it is available please tell where to find review to get best speakers 7.1
and how much Watts RMS speaker is good to listen to good musicon 7.1 sound card.i have 7.1 on mptherboard.
if 7.1 and 5.1 price difference is much then i want only 5.1 speakers.

I have front , rear , center/bass , and side speaker socket for inserting audio cable for speaker
Audio Jack: Side Speaker / Rear Speaker / Central/Bass /Front Speaker
/Line In / Microphone

03)also i saw there is risk in using raid as data loss can be there
is it true . i saw in this forum
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29972

thanks for the help

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Just one more question

i opened cabniet and saw
Iball Model LPE 223 - 400 written on power supply

how to know it is 300,350, or 400 watts
thanks
i purchased iball cabniet and he charged 2400 Rs with power supply

where to know price on phone for this so i can give number to my dealer to prove he charged more

Also i saw in manual for asrock motherboard
what is FSB and how to know mine motherboard is running at what
i know the more FSB the speed is more.
800FSB
533FSB

remember this dealer is same that sent the person who removed floopy drive to change it to new one and my hard disk was gone.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26180&highlight=

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom