I need barley biscuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy

Update - 13th July 2008

Got new packet of Barley biscuits, so here it is, I mean photos :D

Anyone really want to taste it, PM your postal address and I will courier it to you.

Please click on the thumbnails for enlarged view

*c1hqqq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pDd_HN6LeQYiYim2kDYq7s7Gcf5jOEC9yLvWtoz7odpC3NkuNvsDWzR2a_AihjPr1H3KsUVjkwqc/thumb-barley-biscuit-photo-one.jpg

From Left - a plate full of Barley biscuits, Din

Click here if you can't see the thumbnail above.

*c1hqqq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1prGUuyvzGSc2gCwOF4ZQoTFbyPr-0b3qLs89ROumJRj1c6u7gTpU7y-QpA24kJj6v-dHQbUMC6y0/thumb-barley-biscuit-photo-two.jpg

From Left - a plate full of Barley biscuits, Din enjoying it.

*c1hqqq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1prfa9fNFlKquJYfFaRVtpIwvWD1x91crasOGfey_Gltvvbc2g-HSwGciBBQt4NdaPDqsOe4EIaYQ/thumb-barley-biscuit-photo-three.jpg

Criminal Din - Shows Barley Biscuit instead of the board these guys hold when the cops take their photo :D

*c1hqqq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1prmtQKpygL9xRdTyzGwVBRW7-N7Z_V6i5acpXmpLLrHrEZRM8zi5CINve67iWL0dvrIrC-DSxk6M/thumb-barley-biscuit-photo-four.jpg

Finally, a close-up photo of the much awaited Barley Biscuit.

Got this from Best Bakers - Kaloor, Cochin, Kerala.

Expect a blog post too ;) LOL

OK, you might be thinking WTH, what happened to this guy (already crazy that you know lol)

OK, I used to have barley biscuits when I was a kid (does not mean that I am very old now. Slightly old, thats all.). Recently I tried to get the same, went to every bakery I see but seems nobody makes it now :(

If you haven't seen it before, it is yellowish in color, square in shape, not flat always, slightly bend, and like small frills at border. It will be written - Barley (now do not asking me what font it is, it was running letters) on every biscuit. Of course it is made of barley, sweet and very tasty.

I know it was not by any major brands, was made in local bakeries.

I tried my level best in google images but no luck :(

Anybody seen / ate it before ? Anyone know from where I will get ? Or going one more step further, any good soul out there who can buy and courier me some ? I will pay for all expenses.

(I see first reply now itself !! Now this is chit-chat or bakery section ?)

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I grew up eating biscuits (among other things) but never ate or saw one with barley in it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
may be my memory is weak but i remember vaguely a biscuit named barley :D
and various others, khatta meetha(sour sweet), namkeen(ummm...salty). A kaaju shaped biscuit was mine favorite , it was teh best one, tasted teh best.

Pathik

Google Bot
Is barley even grown in India??
Btw din uncle, bachpan ke din yaad aa rahe hai.. Kya baat hai.? :p

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Pathik

I have no clue. Sometimes it is like that. May be I am getting too old ! lol

Anyway, no, thats not Parley.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I think we get barley biscuits here! I am not very sure because I never had them. But lately I have seen some shops here keeping some local biscuits which they claim are useful for health. Rg: nachni biscuits, dink laddoo, etc. I will check here of they have it.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Buy a pack of barley powder. Make a dough of it adding maida(works as a filler), necessary sugar, some cardamom powder, little bit of scraped coconut(thenga peera in malayalam), salt etc. Roll it flat in to medium thickness. Cut it out in to whichever shape you want. Bake it in oven and you have Barley biscuits ready :eek:

praka123

left this forum longback
@Din: barley biscuits are famous in Kottayam area ;) ask @domi to courier you.else even I can try.First I will take a photo of the damn thing to make sure :D

It is like,square biscuits without much sweet and all?right?

though I definitely hated biscuits while was a kid,I tolerated this local biscuits. :p

also here in mvpa and all,there is oatmeal biscuits :lol: to lure patients in hospital may be :)
Ask Anns bakery in Kadavanthra Junction :| Anns ppl always got it.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Prakash, yes, I think you got it. But rectangle in shape, yellow to light brown color, sweet - hmm, I think not too sweet, but ok kinda ?

Anns, thats a great idea, never thought of that. Yes, I know that shop, will sure go there tomo. Wish me good luck :D

Else I will bug Domi / you ;)

@Lucky_star

You are serious or you were joking ? In second case, I will come to your house directly and will beat you up :D

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
If you guys are wondering how the biscuit looks, here it is*img.alibaba.com/photo/52013461/Barley_Biscuits.jpg

Din uncle( :D ) you can order from China, if you want :p *www.alibaba.com/product-gs/52013461/Barley_Biscuits.html

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Oh Nooooooooooooooo

This is for MetalheadGautham and phreak0ut

I mean -

1. No health reasons at all. I just remembered that and wanted to eat some, that is all

2. No, the biscuit does not look like this. Entirely different. Else I could have ordered even from China :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom