• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

I love apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vishal_bhatia87

Guest
Is there is any freeware application that makes my windows xp UI looks like apple macs brushed aluminium look?

playliststopwin20050628.jpg
 
OP
V

vishal_bhatia87

Guest
Object dock is not free It is a paid software :(
 

digen

Youngling
Although style xp trial is a option I would suggest using the uxtheme patcher & patching the dll once for all rather than using a application[not freeware,consumes resources].And above all the uxtheme patcher costs you zero bucks.Its FREE ! :)
 

digen

Youngling
Techmastro said:
Please provide the link to uxtheme patcher

Carefully read the instructions given in page & apply the patch from here.
Make sure you are using the correct version of the patcher for ur OS.
 
OP
V

vishal_bhatia87

Guest
@mail2and
Your link is not working for me

@digen
Are you sure It will convert the look to the Mac Brushed Aluminium
 
OP
V

vishal_bhatia87

Guest
Is there is any other way? Any addon application like window blinds?
 

digen

Youngling
vishal_bhatia87 said:
@mail2and
Your link is not working for me

@digen
Are you sure It will convert the look to the Mac Brushed Aluminium

eh? :shock:
Dude a uxtheme patcher is used to patch the uxtheme.dll in XP.Natively without patching that file you cant use other Visual Styles/Themes other than those provided by Microsoft.
Other software like style xp too does the same.
Let me quote from the link I provided earlier:
It patches the UXTheme.dll for Windows XP/SP1/SP2 Beta/RTM and 2003 and allows you to use un-signed custom visual styles.

So to use other visual styles you either can use the uxtheme patcher or get trial software like style xp which hog resources & cost money.
I hope I've made myself clear.Or else just ask :)
 
OP
V

vishal_bhatia87

Guest
digen said:
vishal_bhatia87 said:
@mail2and
Your link is not working for me

@digen
Are you sure It will convert the look to the Mac Brushed Aluminium

eh? :shock:
Dude a uxtheme patcher is used to patch the uxtheme.dll in XP.Natively without patching that file you cant use other Visual Styles/Themes other than those provided by Microsoft.
Other software like style xp too does the same.
Let me quote from the link I provided earlier:
It patches the UXTheme.dll for Windows XP/SP1/SP2 Beta/RTM and 2003 and allows you to use un-signed custom visual styles.

So to use other visual styles you either can use the uxtheme patcher or get trial software like style xp which hog resources & cost money.
I hope I've made myself clear.Or else just ask :)

Ok after applying this patch how to get a apple mac look? From where to get that installable visual style?
 

digen

Youngling
Dude read this post carefully,raven & andy[mail2anand] have given you the name of the theme you are looking for.Either get it from there or browse at www.deviantart.com which has a huge !
Oh btw you cant search there rather you've to browse,search is only available to subscribers which is paid I believe.
 
OP
V

vishal_bhatia87

Guest
digen said:
Dude read this post carefully,raven & andy[mail2anand] have given you the name of the theme you are looking for.Either get it from there or browse at www.deviantart.com which has a huge !
Oh btw you cant search there rather you've to browse,search is only available to subscribers which is paid I believe.

Sorry to say but the link given by [mail2anand] is not working.
It is giving me the page cannot be displayed error.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom