I have lost BOOT.INI

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
I have deleted the BOOT.INI file by mistake. But still windows starts, showing an error at the begining ' could not find C:\BOOT.INI '.

But now the problem is that, I have installed ' TuneUp Utilities ' software for changing icons & boot screens, so, now when I try to change the boot screen using the software, it give me an error about the ' BOOT.INI file missing '. How to bring the file back or can someone give it to me??? :roll:

userbanned

Broken In
Type this in a notepad and save as boot.ini in c:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

djmykey

Let the music play.....
zegulas said:
Man that does not work :(
What should I do now :?:
I need it so badly :cry:

Oh dood it should work. While saving the file in notepad see the drop down list under the place where we give a filename, select all files there then give the name as boot.ini or else it will get saved as boot.ini.txt.

Secondly does ur pc have only win xp or any other instances of windows also if u have more than 1 windows then those wont work.

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
djmykey said:
zegulas said:
Man that does not work :(
What should I do now :?:
I need it so badly :cry:

Oh dood it should work. While saving the file in notepad see the drop down list under the place where we give a filename, select all files there then give the name as boot.ini or else it will get saved as boot.ini.txt.

Secondly does ur pc have only win xp or any other instances of windows also if u have more than 1 windows then those wont work.

Yes, I have properly changed the extension of the file to .INI and also I had a second windows installation on the same drive, but I immediately deleted the second windows folder from C: drive, but then there was an option coming during the bottup, so I deleted the BOOT.INI (as told by my friend) to get rid of the boot option. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom