I got ADA3000DAA4BW is it not venice core ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

In the zone
hey , yesterday I have purchased my PC for 2006-7 . I told to the dealer that "give me athelon 64 bit 3000+ venice core " .

But now I see the processor number is ADA3000DAA4BW but somebody in this forum said BP means venice core ................

so what is BW?

:roll:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ya BP means venice core ...BW is San Diego and is a rare one and a later one .. its even better than Venice though maybe not as good as Venice in overclocking.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
john_the_ultimate said:
It is VENICE........... see this *www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADA3000DAA4BW

dude its a SAN DIEGO .. venice comes with E3 stepping and E6 means SD.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well I have a BP and it has stepping E6.

I think the VENICE cpu which are sold as (PIB) processor in box has the BP lable and cpu which are sold as TRAY (no HSF in package) are labled BW.

@reddragon
if ur cpu has 512KB L2 cache then its venice
since SAN DIEGO has 1MB L2 cache.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@john
SAN DIEGO doesnt mean it has to have 1MB L2 Cache .. Even a 3200+ A64 San Diego has only 512KB L2.

@red dragon
your CPU is a SD .. download the latest version of CPU-Z and check.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
mohit said:
john_the_ultimate said:
It is VENICE........... see this *www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADA3000DAA4BW

dude its a SAN DIEGO .. venice comes with E3 stepping and E6 means SD.

Not really, AMD64 3000+ VENICE does has stepping E6. checked with cpu-z.
Difference between VENICE and SAN DIEGO is the amount of L2 cache memory and SAN DIEGO start at higher clock speed than VENICE.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
As I have read on the net the VENICE with stepping E3 overclocks better than one with stepping E6. But with E6 u get the advantage of added instructions.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@reddragon , john
Okie guys I have confirmed with a senior overclocking guru and it is a VENICE. sorry for the wrong info.

VENICE comes in 2 steppings E3 n E6 .. San Diego means 1MB L2 cache and starts only on higher models as john pinted out.

E6 is better than E3 but when it comes to overclocking E3 is the leader.

Credits to Darklord for the info.

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
hey hey hey ............stop quarlling . :shock: :roll:

yes it has 512kb l2 cashe but total 640kb cashe

so it

is

a venice core OK ?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
come on darky .. i know u r just being humble. lol. well guys he really is one hell of a overclocker and we all know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom