I forgot Yahoo Messenger password

Status
Not open for further replies.

paid

Journeyman
I always login to yahoo messenger with Remember my ID & password checked & also use to check mails from thereitself. now i cannot remember the password and also forgotten answer to secret question. the only ray of hope is some how recover password that is saved in messenger behind asterix but i cannot find any software supporting messenger version 9x

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
download Password Revealer...............search in google u'll get many sites offering this software for free..............downld it and install it

U'll c a pointer.............just drag it over astericks................the password will show up..........

Don't use this for illegal operations!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is one of that...........

*www.paqtool.com/product/pass/pass_001.htm

Last edited:
OP
P

paid

Journeyman
I tried many password revealers but none worked for Yahoo Messenger version 9+ mostly supports version less than 7 the above software reveals password as "password" and that is not correct

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
sorry then no idiea.................u can try sending ur passwd to ur secondary mail a/c if u hav provided during signup...............

try this link............

*edit.yahoo.com/forgot?new=1&.done=...ntl=in&pkg=&stepid=&.pd=_ver=0&c=&.ab=&.last=

Last edited:
OP
P

paid

Journeyman
@Paid.. did you check the tool which I gave?

thats revealing password as "password"

@krishnandu.sarkar
I did have verified secondary email ID but how to get password there as in password reset link I did'nt gave correct Birthday, Country of Residence & Postal Code as it is easy for anyone closer to know and get password

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@paid.. I guess its bad news for you.. I checked it again and found out that when remember password is enabled.. and when you logout after a chat session the actual characters in the password field is infact "password" , but when you click sign in , it yahoo logs you in. I realise that yahoo developers have delebarately done this so that someone cannot use such tools to hack others password. I have been using yahoo for many years but didnt realise this till now.

Edit: I will check again with a professional testing tool tmro at my office and will let you know, if that tool shows the characters as "password" then my guess is true keep your

Update:
@Paid: I checked with the testing tool and there is some bad news for you.. the characters behind the asterix is infact "password"

Hope you will find out other alternatives to get back your password.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
sorry dude...............then no idea.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey i researchd lot f u...........but sorry to make u know that if u can't answer ur security ques, birthdate then yahoo will not help u.............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom