I Cant take it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzu

AJJU
hey digitians bfore 2 days i installed mandriva 2007 on my partition 3 (drive e)
tried to dual boot with xp and then during installing mandriva i selecteed use free space on windows and selected E drive n selceted all the packeges durin installtion power off then after restarting installtion it asked for update i selcted it and then it installed mandriva i restarted but after restarting it login name and pass but i dindt gave any name or pass (i bet i dindt )whats the prob????
or else how to uninstall MANDRIVA my e drive is 18 gb but now it shows only 7 gb (i know rest is used by linux) how to unisntall with out losin any data on my other drives.IAM TOTAL BEGINNER DONT NOW ANYTHIN ABOUT LINUX

1 THING IS SURE LINUX MERE BAS KI BAATH NAHI HAI BUT VISTA IS
THIS IS Y BILL GATES BIENG TOP CHARTS IN FORBES

Pimp Bump

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Why r u shouting? You know in english there is something called "Punctuation" which makes a sentence understandable and meaningfully. Would you mind to try it now and make your post more meaningful so that we can understand you better and help you out?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Go to disk management in windows and remove all unknown partitions.

And keep bill gates's name as far away from this section as possible. Unless you like getting flamed or really want to troll around.

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
if u want to use linux, da first thing u should hav is patience and then install linux, windows users always struggle a lot to switch to linux, especially while installing.

ok dont worry i will give u the complete solution for installing mandriva 2007 and win xp without any problem... here it goes!!!!!!

Choose this method if u hav grub still installed in ur system.
Boot directly from ur Windows XP cd...
choose Recovery console/repair windows.

when u choose to repair ur windows, this would appear on screen.
1: Windows
Enter the partition you want to repair :
Enter 1 if ur windows partition is 1
dos prompt will b displayed
type fixboot in ur dos prompt and choose y
type fixmbr and choose y
(ur windows partition is written to MBR, and u will directly boot to windowns now)

start from here if u dont hav grub installed in ur system
for deleting ur linux partition...
goto controlpanel-->Administrative tools-->computer management-->(after opening computer management) select storage-->local, now it would show all the partition on ur system delete all the partition with filesystem Unknown, this will delete all the linux partition on hdd.

Now insert ur mandriva 2007 dvd and restart ur system and boot from it.
mandriva will detect ur hardware and boot...
while starting to install,
it will ask the security level, for this choose standard security level,
while partitioning ur hard disk, select custom hard disk partitioning
create a swap filesystem double of ur ram,
if u hav a ram of 256MB then choose 512Mb of linux-swap,
after creatin linux-swap filesystem, u hav to create a "/" root partition of minimum 6Gb(i suggest),
while creatin root partition choose filesystem as Ext3(journalised fs) or Ext2.
when this is done, u can select the packages u wanna install, and after installing the packages, it would ask u to create a root password better create a root password, later again it will ask to add a user, its better u add a single user and rest of the procedure is simple, when everthing is done reboot.... and ur linux system is ready without any conflict :)

if still u hav problem post here.

mods if i am wrong correct me. :)

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
linux is totally sir khapau crap system..i have installed and removed it 20-25 times..

it is for those who like to troubleshoot , have lotsa time for solving prblms and have patience ...

else windows is best ..for gaming,movies , music ..no sir khapai..just dbl clik and njoy :D

but still linux was my first crush :(

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
^^^^^

Watch out :D
esumitkumar said:
else windows is best ..for gaming,movies , music ..no sir khapai..just dbl clik and njoy
There are lots of distros which are tailor made for Movies and Music. Its also mostly a double-clickand enjoy affair in those distros . Try Linux Mint.

Just that the average Windows user doesn't have the patience and urge to understand the insides of an OS, hence a GNU/Linux system seems crappy to him.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
esumitkumar said:
linux is totally sir khapau crap system..i have installed and removed it 20-25 times..

it is for those who like to troubleshoot , have lotsa time for solving prblms and have patience ...

else windows is best ..for gaming,movies , music ..no sir khapai..just dbl clik and njoy :D

but still linux was my first crush :(

linux is for people who can adopt themselves to changes... not for troubleshooters.... :D

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
vish786 said:
linux is for people who can adopt themselves to changes... not for troubleshooters....
Adapt you mean eh ??

Well, you'll need troubleshooters all the time... Thats how you learn. You refer to already existing solutions online, consult similar troubleshooting guides and interact with troubleshooters... You don't exactly adapt yourself to supposed changes, rather your ways of intuitive thinking and develop a more logical way of thinking.......

Linux is for those, who want to learn and not try to act geeky.... Its a stupid term... We are all but computer users with varying interests and depths of thinking ad knowledge..... If some one takes more interest and and works hard to learn more, he'll be more knowledgeable and not more geeky..

*nix has more pros than cons... MS users, quit flaming it, you'll just get burnt trying to do so.........

vish786

"The Gentleman"
kaustav_geek said:
Adapt you mean eh ??

Well, you'll need troubleshooters all the time... Thats how you learn. You refer to already existing solutions online, consult similar troubleshooting guides and interact with troubleshooters... You don't exactly adapt yourself to supposed changes, rather your ways of intuitive thinking and develop a more logical way of thinking.......

Linux is for those, who want to learn and not try to act geeky.... Its a stupid term... We are all but computer users with varying interests and depths of thinking ad knowledge..... If some one takes more interest and and works hard to learn more, he'll be more knowledgeable and not more geeky..

*nix has more pros than cons... MS users, quit flaming it, you'll just get burnt trying to do so.........

:D... i always type in hurry so it got changed to adopt... :D thx for correctin.

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
hey hey dont make a fight over here i just started this thread to share my problem
PRAKA123:iam not a idiot i will install linux I WILL LEARN LINUX
ENCOURAGE STUDENTS .......rest u know

praka123

left this forum longback
@azzu yaar! its not pointed on U.
to the other guy here to vandal FOSS users.just get lost loser! :x

Only stumbling block new Linux users(windows to Linux) is how to partition in Linux and Linux permission features.
always try manual partn-see that u dont select ur win32 partns are not selected.make free space if not available by adjusting from windows partn manager.
now make a swap partition of 500MB.then from free space make ur Linux partition called root indicated by a "/".make atleast a 5GB partition.
now continue installing.after finshing Linux installation ur Linux distro will mostly install GRUB-boot manager.now after a reboot u'll get GRUB menu with ur Linux,Windows entries.thats it.
before confusing with the different environment than what u expect,just learn a little command line and familiarise with ur GNOME or KDE Desktop Environment.U have all the apps what u'll see in ur windows vista.
just read some resources from www reg Linux.
also a must read :
Linux is not Windows:
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
getting started with Linux
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/starting.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom