I can't scan or backup my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Hello Friends,
I have a very big problem (for me). Whenever I try to backup my system, my system hangs when following files come to backup –

D:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\psscripts.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\cutepdfw.ppd
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\.......
I means that there is problem in only “w32x86� folder. I have tried to scan by Norton system works with latest antivirus definitions, my system hangs. I have windows98 on my C drive and windows XP on my D drive and this problem occurs in windows XP. I scaned my system in safe mode by “Norton� and also by “spybot-search and destroy�. Whenever I clicked on above files, my system shut down after a deep blue screen warning and dumping physical memory.
Please solve my problem that I will able to keep a backup my D drive.
Your true friend
Gauravchi

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm not sure, but maybe these are some drivers which Windows was using while you were making a backup. Hence, they could not be accessed. Better off if you start windows without loading these drivers.

You can do this by pressing F8 just before you see the Windows bootlogo of loading.
This will bring up a menu of varios choices. Choose "Start Windows without loading drivers" or something similar to that.

If it also doesnt work, then boot into Safe Mode using the same procedure, but this way, you may have problems when you restore your system through the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom