i cant play video files in WMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinandan

Broken In
Recently i hav installed the kazaa lite codec pack but after installing it i cant play video files. i can hear the sound but not the video. i hav tried unistalling the codec pack and installed another pack but to no avail. Please Help

digitizer

Right off the assembly line
avinandan said:
Recently i hav installed the kazaa lite codec pack but after installing it i cant play video files. i can hear the sound but not the video. i hav tried unistalling the codec pack and installed another pack but to no avail. Please Help

hey dude, try updating your Windows Media Player to the latest version from the Microsoft web site.

Digitizer

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
U seem to be missing a codec. Mostly, all codec packs provide their own player. I m not sure abt kazaa,but try Storm codec pack or VLC...they just do it fine for me.
And if u havent yet updated to WMP10, then do that and u'll get a codec pack automatically

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah......completely agree!!
You should go for the latest from microsoft.com or simply download VLC Player from videolan.org.
That would surely help dude.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I loaded a fresh OS and installed K-Lite w/o even starting WMP once. Now the problem is that tho all other players play the dvd well, WMP keeps giving that screen res. error. any way I can make it play dvds?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
@QwertyManiac

My WMP plays DVDs well. I too once used to get the same error about reducing the resolution. When I installed PowerDVD, It started playing. But, after uninstalling PowerDVD, it returned to its old ways.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
The codec might not be compatible wid WMP.
Lemme tell u, if u got Cyberlink Power DVD or any other DVD player, its gonna overwrite all the existing codecs due to conlict...may be thats whats causing trouble
IMO, try WINXP Decoder checkup utility and see what decoder are compatible. Intervideo decoder seems to be the only one thats compatible with WMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom