I cant play CD-R's in my CDRom, can play CD's , why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I've an 8x CDRom which is an old one but i can play movie Cds, audio CD's on it but cant play CDR's. or CDRW's , what is the reason for it.....

:eek:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Check the drive using Nero InfoTool to see if the drive supports reading these discs in the first place. You're the only guy I know who's using an 8x CDROM.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
:lol:

I have to upgrade my system to a new one , basically I use it for home purpose so havent thought of getting a new 1.. But the other componennts are upgraded freqntly....

Where do i get the Nero Info Tool from?

Tks....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You can get Nero InfoTool by either installing the Nero Burning ROM demo included on many of the Digit CDs or you can always download them from here:

Nero InfoTool v3.61
*www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22911,00.asp

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
This is the scan result i got on nero......

Serial Number;Drive;Firmware;Transfer Rate - Average;Transfer Rate - Start;Transfer Rate - End;Random Seek Time;1/3 Seek Time;Full Seek Time;1 X CPU Usage;2 X CPU Usage;4 X CPU Usage;8 X CPU Usage;Burst rate;Spin Up Time;Spin Down Time;Load Time;Eject Time;Recognition Time
?;MATSHITACD-ROM CR-583 ;107J;8.02x;7.99x;8.04x;77 ms;86 ms;139 ms;7 %;13 %;26 %;54 %;2458 KB/sec;4.07 sec;1.49 sec;1.57 sec;2.97 sec;13.23 sec

Wht does it mean?

:?:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
LOL, the PC World site lists the file as InfoTool but downloads another Nero Toolkit program called "CDSpeed" .
Download the Nero InfoTool from here:

*www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroInfoTool_227.zip

and then once it finishes the diagnostic, select your CDROM and you will be able to see checkmarks on CDR. CDRW, etc. if it supports it.
Like so,
*img128.exs.cx/img128/6058/infotool7tz.th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom