I cant Gmail.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I ve got a wierd problem. Whenever i go to gmail.google.com and type my ID and password it gives "Loading..." on the top left corner and after some time IE gives that it is blocking a file from downloading. When i click to download that file it downloads but yet the gmail doesnt get logge into.
The content of the file when opened with notepad are:-
‹ M?O Â0 Å¿JØi¦Waí.‚(ˆ^ô,µ‹¶2ÛÙ½
‡ì»kþ9%/yI~·ª†UYˆC‘êŒï*íäÂ;°C¶ïk&=
™€˜Å±œ´Q¡aÈÃ~™Í“B4:Ø…˜}“qñÉ—=yWyUÊdç6ï˜N~þsë4¬wôiÑ¡§§=S
_O¯ÍÔ:‹XÕj}ܹ*êìE?W¶?}:ɇ?´‚6)¿*ÃЩ@ñ$—$ ¡åü,"E¾øþ ÙÁ:z
And i dont exactly know what does this mean
Please help.

khansdream

Journeyman
Man....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be surprised to know that you computer is infected with a virus called diehard8.0.1......................:D

I am sure you are getting junk character only while staying on-line. May be you have downloaded this virus instead of cookies.

And afaik, the only way to get rid of this virus is format c:/s

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
But everything else seems to work fine and there is no detection of anything in online scans. By the way can you give me a link which contains information about this "diehard8.0.1" thing???

shovik

Banned
Its all rubbish about that 'diehard' thing. Firstly donot depend on online scans, try to a get a good Anti-Virus software such as Avast or Kaspersky and update the definitions and do a through scan of your computer. Delete anything found.

Try to login again, Keep in mind to make cookies enabled while logging into Gmail.

If the problem persists then go to www.microsoft.com and download all the security updates for Internet Explorer. Install them and reboot, hope it would work fine for you.

Or else you can use any other browser such as Opera 9.0 or Firefox 1.5.0.3.

Regards,
Shovik.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try another browsers like Firefox(recomented) or Opera..maybe some trouble b/w IE nd the Javascript of gmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom