i cant fix my ie browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek

Right off the assembly line
pls help me when i click my ie browser automatically a web site called
valuesponcer.com loads in to it.
i went to ie properties and to my surprice al the buttens in home page
section is disabled and a address called www.whatsfind.com is in the backround.
if any one knows how to remove it pls tell me

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
its spyware....
use spybot SnD 1.3 to remove it.

also as a precaution, use javacool's spywareblaster to stop spyware from installing.

melloowmel

Broken In
Hi Vivek,
Pllease don't get me wrong, But the fact that ur using IE, in itself is ridiculous!!! It's the worst browser on this earth. U can't use a more obsolete,damage prone product. Absolute junk in my opinion. Clean ur PC with one of the above mentioned softwares & then start using Opera or Firefox. U will be amazed by the sheer speed & features of these nifty pieces of work. Use the inbuilt popup blockers in these browsers & have a ball surfing the net.
Cheers! :D
regards.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If you still want to use IE:

Goto c:\windows\downloaded program files\
and Delete all the plugins except that of Java, Shockwave and Quick Time.

visit www.doxdesk.com // identifies most of the spywares
Install and run Spybot & Adware
Install Google toolbar. pretty cool in stopping popups.

If you are running Windows XP, stop the Messenger service. To do Right clikc My Computer Icon in the Desktop and choose Manage.
Choose Services, and scroll down for Messenger service. Right click and choose Properties. In the properties dialog choose the Startup type as Disabled. You dont need this service, because this is only used to send and receive messages in a network. MSN messenger will have no problem when this is disabled.

Also try Autoruns.exe from www.sysinternals.com, to check what all programs are started during ur system startup.

girish_b

Journeyman
also you can check registry .... go registry and hit F3 . in the find box.. type whatsfind.com and delete all the keys comes under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom