I cannot write DVDs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Please help me..I have lost almost 4 DVDs in writing..and I don't want to lose anymore..

When ever I start writing the DVDs..at goes right untill I click on "Burn"....after that sometimes..the DVD writes upto 100% and the computer hangs up..and sometimes..it gives Writing error..in 6 % or like that..

I don't know what is the problem..first impression was that my DVDs are not working..but after using 4 DVDs I don't think there is anything wrong with the DVDs..what may be the problem..

Please help...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Maybe u don't have enuf free space in ur cache.
U need about 4.5GB free space in the working drive.

In Nero.. advanced options... Path for cache can be pointed to a drive which has 4.5GB free.

And don't do multitakin when burnin... no other program runnin...

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
I think you should also set the burning process to high priority, so that the system gives due importance to it. Go to task manager and do this, every time you start a new burn process..

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
koolbluez said:
Maybe u don't have enuf free space in ur cache.
U need about 4.5GB free space in the working drive.

In Nero.. advanced options... Path for cache can be pointed to a drive which has 4.5GB free.

And don't do multitakin when burnin... no other program runnin...

I have another drive as cache which has more than 15 GB or space free..so I don't think it can create any problem..

So do I go to the service center..and ask for a complete replacement if there is anything wrong with the drive..or just ask them to repair for me..

One thing ..there is no problem with the burning of CDs..

Last edited:

premsharma

In the zone
shyamno said:
I have another drive as cache which has more than 15 GB or space free..so I don't think it can create any problem..

So do I go to the service center..and ask for a complete replacement if there is anything wrong with the drive..or just ask them to repair for me..

One thing ..there is no problem with the burning of CDs..

If it is sony, you may have to visit service center. Alternatively upgrade firmware to accept wide range of local media or change your blank media and then see the results.

Sony is known to have such problems with local media. Also Sony is manufactured by LightOn and therefore, it will try to keep itself ahead & try to push Sony back.

47shailesh

Security Exp
Use this link and browse to ur DVD Writer Model and upgarde firmware

*sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/*sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
while upgrading the firmware..something wents wrong..then will the warranty gets void..

47shailesh

Security Exp
Nopes.. U does'nt loses warranty until u breal seal, break h/w or it's some part got burnt...

BTW what is ur model no.. and firmware u used for upgrade

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't think there is any firmware upgrade available for the model..I have checked..

prasad_den

Padawan
shyamno said:
while upgrading the firmware..something wents wrong..then will the warranty gets void..
I'm not sure.. but it'll take extreme bad luck for anything to go wrong.. :D IT's as simple as running an .exe file. That's it.. And as long as you upgrade to a firmware provided at the official sony site, I think there's no reason to void warranty.. not sure about this though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom