I can surf without connecting... I am bewildered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
OMG!! :shock: :shock: I still cant believe my eyes! I started my pc and put the ADSL Modem (Dataone) on. and i loaded firefox and to my surprise... i could surf though i did not connect (i.e. i did not click on the Dataone dialer --or whatever that is called-- that resides in Network connections). I opened and accessed my gmail account. posting this, still i have not connected.

how is this possible? in fact i opened network connections and found the dataone account is shown as disconnected.

mediator

Technomancer
Nah it must be connected......must be some stupid windows fault again! What u r thinking is impossible!
If u still wanna check the connectivity,path open up the terminal and trace the route of the packet.....If it goes through the dataone server..then its connected!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm... if u have a PPP connection set up in side of a modem.. then turning the modem up means u r connected... (off course if have to have a right User name & pw)

anyway see this screen shot....

*img96.imageshack.us/img96/3971/018nj.th.jpg

(Hope we have the same modem... :D)

Go To *192.168.1.1/ the at the wan settings tab.... make sure that isnt the case...

::vicky::

In the zone
mediator said:
Nah it must be connected......must be some stupid windows fault again! What u r thinking is impossible!
If u still wanna check the connectivity,path open up the terminal and trace the route of the packet.....If it goes through the dataone server..then its connected!!

yes is connected but not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom