i am under frustation.plz help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLZ READ THIS EVEN THOUGH ITS A BIT LENGTHY ONE

my problem is with playing music.
i have a 22GB drive saperately for music.there are 3 folders A,B,C(for just avoiding names of folders).in that again many subfolders.when i added few files from different folders to playlist in winamp(even with QCD,WMP & other players) some files open different files.i mean if i played a file in A then someother song from elsewhere is played(that someother song is not in playlist)first i thought thats the problem with that file or address of the file .but it was same with most of the files.
let me give an example.if i try to play chand sifarish from fanaa then aashiq banaayaa is played even though its not in playlist.now i went to Aaaahiq banayaa folder & played that song.now paatshala from RDB is being played.its such as achain of wrong links.i copied some of such files into another drive & played .but the result is same.if i play kal ho na ho then instead of that
One love from english songs folder is played.
the changes i made in drive recently are using partition magic 7.i wanted to create unallocated free space from drive G.while executing that process when i was executing the operation of moving the space up by 494 MB from H(the songs drive) power was gone & system shutdowned.later i couldnt find that 500 MB.partition magic shows the songs drive size as 22.5 GB but explorer shows only 22 GB.
other thatn this i didnt do anything with that drive since months.i dont wnt to reinstall OS as i need to install all the softwares once again
is thisrelated to my problem?
somebody plz tell me what happened &what should i do?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
there can be two resons for this:
1) Hey man u have spoiled ur partitions.one permanent solution to this is complete format.hoever u can try reinstall windows(upgrade) as in this case u don't need to install any programs again.see it help

2)you have ghost in ur pc :D LoL

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
gary4gar said:
there can be two resons for this:
1) Hey man u have spoiled ur partitions.one permanent solution to this is complete format.hoever u can try reinstall windows(upgrade) as in this case u don't need to install any programs again.see it help

2)you have ghost in ur pc :D LoL

Spoiling of the hard disk partition may be one cause.
Partition Magic may be the culprit ... or you!!!

Another very rare but funny reason is:
You want to listen to a song, but your computer wants to listen to a different one... resulting in both song being loaded on to playlist and being played :D

OP
S

sreekar8191986

Broken In
i did luagh for that last reason.
i dont have ghost or image drive.ill try to download ghost as drive image is too large sized software.is there no other way.what did actually happen.did filesystem of that drive got damaged.

OP
S

sreekar8191986

Broken In
yes .files from CD and any other drive are played properly.the problem is only in this drive.ofcourse the problomatic files when copied to other places show the same problem.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
dude make space somewere and copy all data there then delete and recreate this partition.... BTW make sure that the data u copy is coppied correctly and not in the same funny manner

OP
S

sreekar8191986

Broken In
even though i copy that files & format the drive that doesnt going to solve the problem.as its like the data is completely corrupted.but that cant just happen.i thought somebody might have encountered this bfore.but it is turning out to b a strange problem.today i found some more files with same type of behavour which were fine yesterday.but there are no virus kind of problems.
ill upgrade the os & see if theres any change.

vandit

In the zone
go to the media library...LIBRARY>remove missing files from computer...and then add media files/rescan folders....maybe this should work...

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Well I had once the same problem with my 37.5 GB movies partition

all the movies got corrupted , say DDLJ disc 2 was copied in K2H2 CD 1 and that was a utter mess.

When I scanned with Norton Partion Magic 8 there were eminent disc errors noted
and the disc was corrupted, and cud not be repaired by any means

The ONE AND ONLY SOLUTION is to repartition ur entire Hard Disk

No formatting whatsoever will help you out my friend

Only a comple repartition using Disk Manager (even Fdisk didn't worked !!!!)

trust me on this, I suffered like hell when I had to back up my enetire 160 GB (caude the other drives were fine and loaded with mammoth data about 71 GB backed up !!!!!!!! )

So insist on the only solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom