I am not able to write with DVD+R

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokuu

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
I wanted to back up the data in my system so i bought some DVD+R dvds. As I had no idea what is the difference between DVD+R and DVD-R i asked the store guy abt it and he said like it doesn't matter which one u take. Then i took my friend's Dell Inspiron laptop with a DVD+-RW drive and Vista OS to write the data. Now the freaking problem starts. As we all know Nero doesn't work on Vista. So i installed Nero Lite a lighter version of Nero which works on Vista. As i started writing with the Nero Lite each time it failed popping a "Power Calibration Error" msg. Then i tried the default s/w in Vista but the same result followed without the error msg (i think it was Nero specific). Then i tried with a DVD-R and it wrote without any problem. Now here i am not getting wht is this problem with DVD+R. I searched 4 the error and tried some of the solutions but nothing seems to work. Now i know i can very well xchange the DVD+R with DVD-R and go on with the back up then wht is the use of having a DVD+-RW drive which only writes DVD-R. I don't know whether its a s/w or h/w problem still i am posting it in the h/w section. Guys plz hlp me with this.

New

Padawan
This problem doesn't belong to neither software nor DVD drive..Fact is most of the DVD writers doesn't support DVD+R.So,go out and buy DVD-Rs..
. As we all know Nero doesn't work on Vista
Nero 8 working fine here..

Beta Waves

Journeyman
^+1 there Nero 8 works fine with vista and yes many DVD drives cannot write DVD+R.. Buy DVD-R ..
Open Nero info tool and check which format your Drvie supports ..Though it might be wrong sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom