I Am Buying!!- Please give your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i am upgrading,and this is the configuration i am thinking please suggest whether its worth or else please suggest better ALTERNATIVES

AMD 939 3000+ processor- rs 5500,
ECS KN1 extreme NFORCE4 Motherboard- Rs 7500
Hitachi/seagate 250GB HDD - Rs 4500-5500
Lite-on DVD Writer superall - Rs 2850
Graphics Card 6200 or 6600 - Rs 2850-Rs 5300
512 MB DDR Ram - rs 1700,i already have one 512mb module

I am really undecided about the motherboard and graphics card and my bugget is arount 26k to 28k at the maximum extreme

So all this rates are at sp road bangalore. So all intellectuals please post ur suggestions!!! thank you

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
dont u think the RAm is 2 cheap.....i mean 512 Mb for rs 2k......dunno about ur place...but i dont get it for less than 5k if i want.
And the gfx cards, buy 6600 GT or GTX and not the plain version.......around 8k-10k but long lasting......and I think u should buy Western digital caviar HDD...it works faster coz of 16 mb buffer.
Another thing......get a AMD64 3500+ coz its better and doesn't cost much more....
~halo~

thinktwice

Broken In
MysticHalo said:
dont u think the RAm is 2 cheap.....i mean 512 Mb for rs 2k......dunno about ur place...but i dont get it for less than 5k if i want
u can get 512 MB ram kingston for rs 2400
half of 5K

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
Keith Sebastian said:
You should be posting this in the Hardware or General sections of this forum.

no dude...this is the right place abhishekwithyou has posted...check out the forum index and see what it says for hardware troubleshooting section>>>posts related to upgrade blues can of ofcourse be posted here...

OP
A

abhishekwithyou

Broken In
Keith Sebastian said:

As i am new to this forum i dont know, but one of the members say i am right here, but sure from next time i will be carefull . thank you for your post. Well you didnt tell how was my config...
:(

OP
A

abhishekwithyou

Broken In
MysticHalo said:
dont u think the RAm is 2 cheap.....i mean 512 Mb for rs 2k......dunno about ur place...but i dont get it for less than 5k if i want.
get a AMD64 3500+ coz its better and doesn't cost much more....
~halo~

thank for the advice but i agree with one of the postings that a good ram will be easily available for 2200 or so, but the decent ones will be around 1800. check the mahavir site also.
Well you might be saying the cost of ones with good latencies, but this ones are normal ones.
yah but then dont you think that instead of spending on extra speed i can buy a good graphics card prob 6600 or GT and then in future upgrade to dual core ones?????? :)

matthew_kane

Broken In
abhishekwithyou said:
hi i am upgrading,and this is the configuration i am thinking please suggest whether its worth or else please suggest better ALTERNATIVES

AMD 939 3000+ processor- rs 5500,
ECS KN1 extreme NFORCE4 Motherboard- Rs 7500
Hitachi/seagate 250GB HDD - Rs 4500-5500
Lite-on DVD Writer superall - Rs 2850
Graphics Card 6200 or 6600 - Rs 2850-Rs 5300
512 MB DDR Ram - rs 1700,i already have one 512mb module

I am really undecided about the motherboard and graphics card and my bugget is arount 26k to 28k at the maximum extreme

So all this rates are at sp road bangalore. So all intellectuals please post ur suggestions!!! thank you
wut 6200 or 6600, go for 6600gt 128 mb. remember window vista it needs a slightly greater than 6200 card for better performance

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
abhishek_sharma said:
Keith Sebastian said:

no dude...this is the right place abhishekwithyou has posted...check out the forum index and see what it says for hardware troubleshooting section>>>posts related to upgrade blues can of ofcourse be posted here...

This thread was moved from some other section where it was originally posted. Keith obviously replied to this thread when it was still in some other section.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
abhishekwithyou said:
thank for the advice but i agree with one of the postings that a good ram will be easily available for 2200 or so, but the decent ones will be around 1800. check the mahavir site also.
Well you might be saying the cost of ones with good latencies, but this ones are normal ones.
yah but then dont you think that instead of spending on extra speed i can buy a good graphics card prob 6600 or GT and then in future upgrade to dual core ones?????? :)

I was talking about Kingston and Corsair RAMs.....i found that hyundai and hynix r pretty cheap.
Well, if u r gonna upgrade to dual core...then get a good motherboard first that upports dual processor +dual graphics card. 6600GT is currently the hot fav. in the world, coz its good and economical !!
As for the processors, u seem 2 be right...but i found that 3000+ is better than 3200+---same speed,more cache,cheaper------- *www.shopping.com/xPF-AMD_Athlon_64_3000_2_GHz_processor

But here is my fav. processor hehehe ;) *www.shopping.com/xPF-Itanium_2_1_6_GHz

OP
A

abhishekwithyou

Broken In
MysticHalo said:
I was talking about Kingston and Corsair RAMs.....i found that hyundai and hynix r pretty cheap.
Well, if u r gonna upgrade to dual core...then get a good motherboard first that upports dual processor +dual graphics card. 6600GT is currently the hot fav. in the world, coz its good and economical !!
As for the processors, u seem 2 be right...but i found that 3000+ is better than 3200+---same speed,more cache,cheaper------- *www.shopping.com/xPF-AMD_Athlon_64_3000_2_GHz_processor

But here is my fav. processor hehehe ;) *www.shopping.com/xPF-Itanium_2_1_6_GHz

Hi yah kingstone's are 2200 or so i think or at max 2400 which is ok for a lifetime warranty ram!!!!! well the link you gave features 754 pin, i am looking for 939 pin, and yah motherboard will be nforce4 ultra for sure, check the list anyway

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Kingston 512 MB DDR2 for rs2200 :-o
I dont get it still, maybe i havent updated meself for a long time or maybe u r wrong somewhere.
As for the processor, yes, the 1 i listed was 754 pin...but whats the problm in that...its better than the 939 version.....r there some compatibility issues or what?

OP
A

abhishekwithyou

Broken In
MysticHalo said:
Kingston 512 MB DDR2 for rs2200 :-o
I dont get it still, maybe i havent updated meself for a long time or maybe u r wrong somewhere.
As for the processor, yes, the 1 i listed was 754 pin...but whats the problm in that...its better than the 939 version.....r there some compatibility issues or what?

well you see if you increase the frequency it will be costly right, the one i am refering to is the 400DDR ram,ok???
And yah the one 3000 is 754 but there is 939 pin also, actually if i go for a 939 pin mobo then i can upgrade to a dual cpu as all future amd's will be in that configuration!!!
And it seems the 939 are good obviosly beeing new technology but i am still undecided i may eventually go for a 3200 as 3000 is the first one in the series and normally first ones have anamolies!!!!!!!!

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
abhishekwithyou said:
well you see if you increase the frequency it will be costly right, the one i am refering to is the 400DDR ram,ok???
And yah the one 3000 is 754 but there is 939 pin also, actually if i go for a 939 pin mobo then i can upgrade to a dual cpu as all future amd's will be in that configuration!!!
And it seems the 939 are good obviosly beeing new technology but i am still undecided i may eventually go for a 3200 as 3000 is the first one in the series and normally first ones have anamolies!!!!!!!!

All of the 3000 series are almost same....only diff is that each successor is 200Mhz faster. If u r so interested in upgrading later on, get the cheapest possible processor......3000+...but u think it might have anomalies...hehehe

mj_undahood

Broken In
lemme give ya gud config

p4 3.2 dual core
intel 945gnt
1gb ddr2 kingston
160 gb sata
xfx 6600 gt 256mb or wanna spend little more : xfx 6800 gs
hp dvd writer
any cabinet with 450-500 watt ps and 2 cooling fans (other than wt come wid processor and gpu)
microtek 800va double battery ups
and a 17" flat crt from samsung or lg

this shud cost ya around 48000 bucks wid 6600 gt and around 53000 wid 6800gs. watever you do if you plan on buying nvidia chipset go for xfx
it gives a gud bundle and 3yr warranty

NOT A BIG AMD FAN

OP
A

abhishekwithyou

Broken In
mj_undahood said:
lemme give ya gud config

p4 3.2 dual core
intel 945gnt
1gb ddr2 kingston
160 gb sata
xfx 6600 gt 256mb or wanna spend little more : xfx 6800 gs
hp dvd writer
any cabinet with 450-500 watt ps and 2 cooling fans (other than wt come wid processor and gpu)
microtek 800va double battery ups
and a 17" flat crt from samsung or lg

this shud cost ya around 48000 bucks wid 6600 gt and around 53000 wid 6800gs. watever you do if you plan on buying nvidia chipset go for xfx
it gives a gud bundle and 3yr warranty

NOT A BIG AMD FAN

hi dude i think you didnt rerad the post properly, i am upgrading!!
I have 17" flat crt,apc 500va ups and speakers,keyboard,mouse!
Well i am upgrading from 2.4 Ghzs, i cant take in the sound and had enough of intel, i am shifting to AMD,
but thanks for your suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom