i am being prompted to go to Add or Remove Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashanthmpai

Broken In
Whenever i try to install any new software i am being prompted to go to Add or Remove Programs for this reason - "A terminal server must be in installation mode before you install a program. When you use "Add or Remove Program" in the control panel to install a program, this automatically puts the terminal server in the install mode." What can be done to this?

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
please tell ur environment details.
i mean ur Operarting System,ur antivirus ,or u may post a log of Hijackthis , so that geeks here(not me) can analyse n solve ur problem better.

OP
P

prashanthmpai

Broken In
I am using Windows 2000 Server OS

I am using Windows 2000 Server, Norton Personal Firewall and Protector Plus 2000 antivirus.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
are you on network and is terminal server (for remote desktop) installed onto your system and is someone connected to your system through remote session?

OP
P

prashanthmpai

Broken In
I am using a bradband connection Sify

I am using Sify broadband for internet and i recently formatted my C drive and then installed Windows 2000 Server. Before i had 2000 Proffessional OS. Thsi problem started after instaling Server OS

theraven

Technomancer
i guess the terminal services are on by default in the SERVER version of win2000
i tried googling for common error msgs so i could explain better but i couldnt find it

try shutting down terminal service from services.msc and give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom