Huwai ADSL LED RED ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi87

Journeyman
I am using the Huwai ADSL modem provided with DATA ONE.
Recently after i reformatted my computer,
th LED indicator for LAN connection is always RED...also when the comp. is off.( as usually the power is GREEN when On, USB is GREEN when connected with the computer and rhe computer is ON )
What does it mean ????

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
even i use the same huawei modem u're talking abt. in my set, the lan led glows red, whenever the mobo gets power, sinxe i have onboard lan. this means that even when u havent actually switched on the cpu, but power is being given to the cabinet [i.e. ur power supply is getting current] the led glows

if ur doubt is tht why the led glows red instead of green, then according to the modem's manual it says tht it can glow either red or green to indiacte a valid lan link connection.
Steady green and orange light indicates a normal Ethernet link connection. Blinking green light indicates that the data rate is 10 Mbps; while blinking orange light indicates that the data rate is 100 Mbps
src: huawei website

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
But whn i try to connect whn th light is orange...it sayz that it cant....the same error whn i try to connect whn the LED is OFF.
Could u gv me the huwaie site plz?

mario_pant

In the zone
i recently replaced my 10 mbps hub with a 100 mbps switch... and the light of LAN link started glowing red, i was confused, but now i know... it just glows because of 100 mbps data transfer rate..

cheers!

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
adi87 said:
But whn i try to connect whn th light is orange...it sayz that it cant....the same error whn i try to connect whn the LED is OFF.

hello adi, how can the lan led be off when ur lan card or onboard lan is functional, i think anytime u switch on ur comp, u'll get the lan led to glow...are u talking abt the link led or what???
if thats the case then yes, if the link led is not green...u cant connect

also formatting ur comp doesnt have any relnship with ur dataone not connecting....so telling us tht was a waste of time...but yes mayb after u reinstalled the os, ur modem isnt porperly insatlled or sth similar..

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
Hey.......
i am i talking about the Link - LED....wht does it mean whn it is RED ?
This is the case specific whn I configured my DATAONE in SuSE linux as mentioned in this forum ( OPEN SURCE Section).It was only that time the LED went RED..........but whn i removed all the settings frm the SuSE linux...i.e whn it was as same as that configured in windows, the LED again bacame Green. Plz help me out as i am not able to connect from SuSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom