HUNT FOR BEST ONBOARD GRAPHICS AND SOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackshot

Broken In
Best Onboard Graphics!!!
I wanna know which is the best onboard graphics??
either Intel's GMA 900 or Via K8M800 graphics.

And What bout best onboard audio. Intel HD audio or any other???
Tell mee yaar

OP
C

crackshot

Broken In
Say Cheese. Hey but i wanna go 4 an AMD 64 processor. tell wat 'ld be the cost of a FX5900XT . FX5950XT , 9600XT, 9800 pro and 9800XT

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i think the new intel mobos with onboard graphics rock....the new intel hd sound-8 channel....sweet....8 channel onboard...where does that leave creative???? how much of an imapct do u think this new hd audio thingy will have on sales of sound cards???

G

gxsaurav

the intel mobo with GMA 900 does not rock, even a FX5200 will kick it easily, fue to hardware processin of Vertex shaders etc, however GMA 900 was meant to be for gamers, it's just there so that users can run longhorn DX9 interface easily at low cost

U will see, GMA 900+ in the future intel chipsets before longhorn

G

gxsaurav

One more thing, HD aduio is again, good, but not compleately hardware, Audigy 2 is still better performance wise & EAX 4.0 wise

Audigy 3 is about to come, will be based on HD audio specs 32 bit Audio

theraven

Technomancer
nemesis ...
hmmm 8 channel audio id very impressive
but when it comes to audio enthusiasts / heavy gamers / etc etc..
creative always takes the cake ;)
it has dedicated hardware to it ... not integrated ..
and its very very powerful
tho this 8 channel is an inexpensive and i might add a gr8 solution for this kinda audio .. that doesnt mean creatives runnin behind
but yeah .. i think once this becomes mainstream .. creatives gonna have to come up with something .. cuz its gonna affect sales of cards ... well everythign else will become obsolete ... but its gonna hit the audigy's real bad ..
@crackshot .. dude u wanna go for an amd and ur askin for gma900 ?? :D
well anyways ... search the forum for those prices .. .plenty of threads available with more than relevant info
PS : get the 9800pro for ard 14k .. best buy

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm. i thought so too guys...and when i said that the gma rocks, i meant that frm the point of view of intel's onboard graphics....as far as creative goes....they will need 2 come up with new solutions although i agree that it makes the best cards and that the onboard sound cannot match the like of the audigy 2...but it will b a value solution nonetheless...2 get 8 channel audio onboard.....that's pretty damn nice

G

gxsaurav

Whatever, creative, they need to re write their drivers for Audigy 1 & 2, & plz creative write new drivers from scratch for my Audigy LS, the drivers are really pain, except for that, Audigy & EAX 3.0 rocks

theraven

Technomancer
hehehe .. @gxsaurav
u expect creative to hear u from here ??
we barely get digit to hear us :p
hehehe
just kiddin guys .. couldnt help that one
my apologies

G

gxsaurav

Ya, true raven

Creative, either make new drivers, or I m going to plant a Nuclear bomb at your head quarters

OP
C

crackshot

Broken In
Hey Stop this stupid war u people are fighting like kids...................

Look man i wanna buy a New socket 754 Athlon 64 mobo Amd athlon 64 3700+
or I will go for Socket-939 mobo along with Athlon 64 3500+

And both of these have a 8-channel sorround sound and audigy can be plugged in any PCI slot. Anyway I just Wanna have a chat for gfx cards.

Tell me which of the following is better, why and its prices. Understand Kids!!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hey....u think we r fighting...lol....this is just a healthy discussion...happens all the time. u r new and u will learn that friendly arguments r a way of life at the digit forum!!! welcome!!! lemme move over and let the experts have their say....

theraven

Technomancer
lol yeah ..
hmm anyways
we already said what we had to say
as of now nforce4 isnt out ... so if u want reall good onboard graphics ull have to wait for that ...
so for now ur options is the 754 with nforce 3 ...
or a VIA(yuck) with the 939's
o and dont insult the ppl who are helpin u ... i think u mustve learned that way back in school :lolz:

OP
C

crackshot

Broken In
OK Sorry 4 being rude but be calm man
now listen nicely
anyone of u can tell the cost of graphics cards based on follwing chipsets
Ati radeon 9600xt, 9700pro, 9800pro, 9800xt
nVidia GeForce FX 5700ultra, 5900ultra, 5950ultra

OP
C

crackshot

Broken In
will u plz tell me how many yrs 2 wait. i have already waited 3yrs 4 amd64 to be out. is amd 64 3500+ gonna be affordable. the amd site tells its cost nearing $560 and added a nForce4 mobo whenever released won't be cheap. Just as nF3 Ultra mobos are costly nearing 15~16K.

OP
C

crackshot

Broken In
arey yaar, bachhe ki jaan loge kya??? I am in no mood 2 wait that long.
u ppl just tell me the cost of geforce fx 5900ultra(256 mb) and radeon 9800 pro(256 mb).
is radeon 9700pro better and cheaper than 9600xt??

Humm Intel 915 Chipsets...

Does anybody hav any performance chat to compare Onboard Graphics & AGP Cards?? :wink: Just to knw how close is it to a AGP card!!

Also how mush it costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom