Huge INDIA update for Google Earth - A lil update

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
hey
Didn't anyone notice? In the last google eaarth databse update 10+ cities have been added to high resolution.!! Which means if live in one of those cities you have a great time!!.
Also I notice my Home in Delhi has got an even higher resolution!! and generally the images are brighter and definitely newer!!
Don't waste your time open GE right Now and Njoy! :D

Cities upgraded: chandigarh, bhopal, Indore, Ahmedabad, vadodara, near surat, near nashik, Bhavnagar, a bit of kolkata, and many patches in gujarat.
There are more, I haven't seen all. Anyways if your city is not in high-res don't worry, coz even gorakhpur is has got high-res!

Man I need to buy a huge harddisk/ faster internet connection now :)

EDIT: Another significant change is that the global resolution i.e images for the whole planet are now improved to 15metres per pixel. Earlier it was 1Km/pixel. Which means even if your city is not in high-res you can still see buildings and all.

EDIT2: From: *bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/360929/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD
1. Kochi (Kerala)
2. Angamaly (Kerala)
3. Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala)
4. Chennai (TN)
5. Pondicherry (TN)
6. Arakonam (TN)
7. Panaji (Goa)
8. Hubli (Karnataka)
9. Nashik (Maharashtra)
10.Aurangabad (Maharashtra)
11. Nagpur (Maharashtra)
12. Indore (MP)
13. Bhopal (MP)
14. Chandigargh (Punjab/Haryana)
15. Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
16. Baroda (Gujarat)
17. Surat (Gujarat)
18. Mahesana (Gujarat)
19. Bhavnagar (Gujarat)
20. Putwa Bay (Gujarat)
21. Kolkata (WB)
22. More places in Mumbai
23.Orissa coastline
24. Gujarat coastline
25. Ghorakpur (UP)
26. Srinagar (J&K)

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I guess you have to buy better video card, RAM and internet connection for this, rather than hard disk!
yup definitely a faster internet connection, but Ge works fine with my PIII, 8mb Integrated video, 256Ram. Though adding more wouldn't hurt.

Have they got the images of Patna?
checking...
Nope, but there has been another Global update. Read the first post, Ihave added the info there.

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Don't worry Indyan, its only a matter of time. Besides 15/pixel ain't that bad, atleast compared to 1km/pixel.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
hmm .. I have seen some places in Google Earth today, .. images have improved .. in Delhi

& the Chandigarh is visible now. :wink:

Vyasram

The pWnster
I dont know when will they update chennai.

BTW, search for area 51 in google earth and move slightly to the left below the groom lake, you will find aliens there

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Re: Hello

tech_mastermind said:
I found all my places in Google Earth,also my old house. :D
Parks,Schoolsl Also.

hehe, lol, u can find that in your country as well :p :p kiddin...

@Vyasram - I too am waiting for the chennai update, takes too long for the whole earth eh?... :(

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
It is not working properly on my Windows XP x64 edition it used to work on my earlier 32 bit XP. The pictures are not visible due to green layer infornt of them

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nishant_nms said:
The pictures are not visible due to green layer infornt of them

nah... software may be working fine... the likly reason is that the place u r tring to see is not yet been added to google server... :(

Indyan said:
They are never gonna include my city Asansol :(

chilout dude... i am sure our great grandsons will be able to see Asansol in google earth... lol...

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
saurav_cheeta said:
nishant_nms said:
The pictures are not visible due to green layer infornt of them

nah... software may be working fine... the likly reason is that the place u r tring to see is not yet been added to google server... :(

I not so much fool not to understand whether I am facing a genuine problem or not. I am sure that it is giving me problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom