Hueston we have a problem in taxiing, takeoff, and landing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Houston we have a problem in taxiing, takeoff, and landing!!!

control center here is one of a werid problem

initially i used to have standby option when i clicked on turn off button of my windows XP pro (licensed version) but off late it just is disabled ,,,,

i am the administrator of the computer only some kids use the pc to migle around online nothing else !!1

can any one help me with this problem:(

pesky kids .. dooom on you

Last edited:

champ_rock

champ_rock
that happened with me when my display drivers crashed... try to go into device manager and see whether there is any device with problems..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
that happened with me when my display drivers crashed... try to go into device manager and see whether there is any device with problems..

yeah right...

some time when u have missing display driver or Driver mismatch... then this happens... try to reinstall the VGA driver or update it...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
soham said:
its not Heuston, its Houston in Texas. Where the NASA mission control is based.
hes talking about desi houston yaar ... there has to be some difference .... heuston is ok ....

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
if you have problems in taxiing, how did you get out of the hangar? Funny space shuttle you have got.

Anyway, give intelligent subjects ok. It saves time and gives quick responses. Anyway, just a friendly advice.

Try this out.
Open regedit.exe. (follow basic precautions to avoid mucking up)
check if this key is there.
( from *www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/1101167477)
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACPI\Parameters\
Dword value: Attributes
Key Value: 0x70
if it is, remove it

Hey, i am not too good at the registry, so i am just asking other members to verify that wont lead to a catastrophe

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
spironox said:
i am the administrator of the computer only some kids use the pc to migle around online nothing else !!1

can any one help me with this problem:(

pesky kids .. dooom on you
Kids doing Online PC mingle calls for lots of imigination and activities.Anything can cause the problem.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@spironox
Make sure that Advanced Power Management Options r correctly set in ur BIOS settings.
May be ur BIOS settings got reset and the APM hv been disabled.

Also read following article:

Standby Missing From Windows Shutdown Dialog Box

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
great so i am getting all tagged up

regarding the subject i just wrote because i was getting bored with all the same run off mill subjects

any how gona try out all your suggestion i hope my pc atleast goes for standby not a steady by

thanks

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
@ hey this guy seems to have watched quite a few science fiction thrillers.

Steady by??? OH MY GOD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom