Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: PC Buying Guide - March 2011

@baba
6970 is 19k??

@ashu
welcome back :)

do you have any specific budget for physx card?
and the mouse, kb and pad baba gave a very good suggestion -
Razer Blackwidow @4.2k
Razer Imperator @3k
Razer Destructor @ 2k

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

you can do this too
but wont it overshoot your budget a bit?
hmm.. i think u are right.. :( neways, will (as of now) jus concentrate on buying ASUS enGTX570 DC II card... its 25K right..???
@ashu
welcome back :)

do you have any specific budget for physx card?
and the mouse, kb and pad baba gave a very good suggestion -
Razer Blackwidow @4.2k
Razer Imperator @3k
Razer Destructor @ 2k
Hey Hi Jas, thanx.. :)

Well, (To be really frank) i really dont think investing in a Separate Physx card atm is a good idea, coz it will overshoot my budget (for gpu) wich is 22-24K (i still dunno the price of that ASUS enGTX570 DC II card, is it 25K)..??? :confused:

Ok, so as per all u guys here, the Razer tri Combo is gr8..?? ok will buy that.but plz try to reply to these below. :)

Razer Blackwidow -----> (shud i go for the Ultimate or the noremal version, also is the surface glossy and DOES it have backlit keys).???
Razer Imperator -------> (looks good, is the body "rubberised" type grip under the palm or smooth plastic)..??
Razer Destructor ------> (is it a glass mat or a normal giid quality rubber mat surface)..??

-------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

all right. I'll be locking this thread soon as I feel the old discussion is redundant and people who read the first post of this thread, also read other posts (old discussions) and are getting confused.

Let us start a fresh new thread April onwards.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

ico what about creating 2 threads. one with only main config post and other where we all can discuss the configs?

Because we need to discuss before finalizing and all threads will then get filled up!

hmm.. i think u are right.. :( neways, will (as of now) jus concentrate on buying ASUS enGTX570 DC II card... its 25K right..???

Hey Hi Jas, thanx.. :)

Well, (To be really frank) i really dont think investing in a Separate Physx card atm is a good idea, coz it will overshoot my budget (for gpu) wich is 22-24K (i still dunno the price of that ASUS enGTX570 DC II card, is it 25K)..??? :confused:

Ok, so as per all u guys here, the Razer tri Combo is gr8..?? ok will buy that.but plz try to reply to these below. :)

Razer Blackwidow -----> (shud i go for the Ultimate or the noremal version, also is the surface glossy and DOES it have backlit keys).???
Razer Imperator -------> (looks good, is the body "rubberised" type grip under the palm or smooth plastic)..??
Razer Destructor ------> (is it a glass mat or a normal giid quality rubber mat surface)..??

-------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

do one thing. get a 570 first and try all physx games with physx set to high. if you feel the lag invest in new card.

blackwidow ultimate which costs 5.9k AFAIK is backlit. if you want backlighting get a Logitech G110 for around 3-3.5k. its got custom colour backlighting. but blackwidow is also good as its a mechanical keyboard and all key macro.

here is every info on imperator -
Overclock3D :: Review :: Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse Review :: Mouse up close

about mouse pads better piyush baba reply. :grin:

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare

ashu888ashu888, you are already having a GTX 280. So you can use it as a PhysX card along with the new GPU you are gonna purchase.

Piyush

Lanaya

for mouse pads:

manufacturer model price
Steel series 4HD 1.6k
Steel series solo 1.3k
Steel series 4D 1.2k
Steel series 5L 2.1k
Steel series 9HD 2.7k
razer destructor 2.2k

btw look at this:
Steel series Merc Stealth

Pein

druken n done...!!

hey guys sry if i m askin again but how will PhysX card work...
i mean the gpu card wud be attached to monitor and motherboard..
but the PhysX card wud only be attached to motherboard so how come wud
it work...

and i can only see that G.Skill Ripjaws rams were only there in every module ..
so are they better than Corsair..

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare

Well, in any multi GPU setup like SLI or Crossfire only one card is connected to the Display...but still they work right?:smile:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

umm cilus is kinda right you know when i went to tirupathi tagan 600 was quoted 4100 and he said i can discount it decently. so if you are getting tagan from tirupathi then its good .

also about the 60k config i feel processor can be upped, also if i remove the phys x card where should i put in the rs4200 then?

Pein

druken n done...!!

alright but for that motherboard should support it right..
like 3 way sli or 2 way kind of that
we have to get a specific motherboard if we are planning on using more gpus..

and if wat u r sayin is true and one has enough budget to get two
gtx 580 gpu then he wont have problem for kind of next 6 yrs or more
it wud be a ultra gaming cpu

Cilus

laborare est orare

alright but for that motherboard should support it right..
like 3 way sli or 2 way kind of that
we have to get a specific motherboard if we are planning on using more gpus..

and if wat u r sayin is true and one has enough budget to get two
gtx 580 gpu then he wont have problem for kind of next 6 yrs or more
it wud be a ultra gaming cpu

For having a PhysX card along with a main graphics card, you don't need any special kind of mobo...any motherboard with more than one PCI Express X16 slot will do the job.

And for the next quote, I didn't get your point.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

ico what about creating 2 threads. one with only main config post and other where we all can discuss the configs?

Because we need to discuss before finalizing and all threads will then get filled up!

Yeah, i like this idea of creating 2 threads, one specifically and STRICTLY be for Configs ONLY.. :)... +1

do one thing. get a 570 first and try all physx games with physx set to high. if you feel the lag invest in new card.

blackwidow ultimate which costs 5.9k AFAIK is backlit. if you want backlighting get a Logitech G110 for around 3-3.5k. its got custom colour backlighting. but blackwidow is also good as its a mechanical keyboard and all key macro.

here is every info on imperator -
Overclock3D :: Review :: Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse Review :: Mouse up close

about mouse pads better piyush baba reply. :grin:
Thanx Jas, yup, will look @ both Logitech as well as Razer keyboards and then buy it as per the looks and the feel of the keys (being more inclined towards Razer) :p

thanx for the mouse link, its really helpful.. :)

waise, wats the difference b/w the so called Mechanical keyboard (from Razer) and the normal ones from other brands..?? :confused: they are mechanical too right..?? (i mean i knw im wrong) but its all mechanical parts only afaik the keys connected to the board right..??
ashu888ashu888, you are already having a GTX 280. So you can use it as a PhysX card along with the new GPU you are gonna purchase.
Thanx for the reply Cilus.. :)

yup, i hv the gtx280 (1GB) from eVGA but planning to sell off this in greed of the ASUS enGTX570 DC II... i dont knw how sane or insane this move is, but i hv been using this (all components from my siggy since March 2009 as i was the very few guys here who 1st built this core i7 beast of a rig then..) so time for a lil change.. :)
for mouse pads:

manufacturer model price
Steel series 4HD 1.6k
Steel series solo 1.3k
Steel series 4D 1.2k
Steel series 5L 2.1k
Steel series 9HD 2.7k
razer destructor 2.2k

btw look at this:
Steel series Merc Stealth

Wooaaa... thanx for the list, and that link for Merc Stealth looks killer.. will inquire abt this for sure.. thanx all guys... will goto Lamington road coming friday (1st april) with these options and see wat i can get at PRIMEabgb's store :)
umm cilus is kinda right you know when i went to tirupathi tagan 600 was quoted 4100 and he said i can discount it decently. so if you are getting tagan from tirupathi then its good .

Hey aby.. :) to wich tirupati store u went..?? in Mumbai..?? (the one at vasai road) ..???

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ ashu888ashu888

Why don't you try the gtx 580 instead ? Since you will sell of your gtx 285, why not save up a bit more and get the fastest single gpu card instead? You may find a gtx 580 @ 25k-26k.

Otherwise the 570 directcu II is a splendid buy. You also have the option to buy another 570 later and sli them to see more than 90% scaling. They can also handle physx so need to invest in a separate physx card right away.

Your system is very very good and is worthy enough for a multigpu setup.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

hey guys sry if i m askin again but how will PhysX card work...
i mean the gpu card wud be attached to monitor and motherboard..
but the PhysX card wud only be attached to motherboard so how come wud
it work...

and i can only see that G.Skill Ripjaws rams were only there in every module ..
so are they better than Corsair..

you need to install a 3rd party software ( available for free ) that will enable physyx for nvidia cards and nvidia physyx system software - this combo will enable hysyx for games even if you have a AMD card as thew main gpu ( monitor connected to this one ).

The logic is so simple - normally nvidia software don't support physyx when a AMD card is present as the primary gpu - that 3rd party software will override this software restriction. Now when you run a game that has physyx supprt - the game will offload all physyx related calculation to the nvidia card present and configured as a physyx card in your multigpu setup ;-)

Those G-Skill Ripjaws is used as reference only - if you can't find them get corsiar/transcend/kingston/crucial - any 1600 Mhz modules will do.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Yeah, i like this idea of creating 2 threads, one specifically and STRICTLY be for Configs ONLY.. :)... +1

Thanx Jas, yup, will look @ both Logitech as well as Razer keyboards and then buy it as per the looks and the feel of the keys (being more inclined towards Razer) :p

thanx for the mouse link, its really helpful.. :)

waise, wats the difference b/w the so called Mechanical keyboard (from Razer) and the normal ones from other brands..?? :confused: they are mechanical too right..?? (i mean i knw im wrong) but its all mechanical parts only afaik the keys connected to the board right..??

Keyboard technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :grin:

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

3 Reasons You Should Consider Buying A Mechanical Keyboard

venram87700

Learnin in progress

@ ashu888ashu888
hey buddy for any steel series product u r better off going to the direct distributor.
the company that is the main distributor of steelseries products is right here in mumbai
the company name is Faxtel and they are located in santacruz (east)
nehru road (it is the station road just follow the straight line from santacruz east public bridge n ull be able to find it)

their phone no. 022-26113055/5524/26170971
(source SteelSeries website)
by the way i had gone to their office to purchase the 3H series headphone and i must say it is a gr8 headset and a quality product
i also saw a demo of the merc keyboard and must say it felt awesome especially the gaming keys on the left hand side made especially for fps games

Tekky

Broken In

Hey guys ! I heard that 2 gpu's lack HD movies acceleration ? ugly colours n such. Is it true that SLI/Crossfire causes this bug ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom