HP releases its first mass-market Linux PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Ending months of rumors, Hewlett-Packard appears to have released its first mass-market PC with pre-installed Linux. Specifically, the company will soon be selling RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) Desktop 5 on its HP dx2250 PC.
Read More...

I'm really happy and very optimistic that this will soon be a reality here in India :)

praka123

left this forum longback
hmm...companies like acer bundles old mandrake linux to prove the point.:rolleyes: instead of a newer distros like ubuntu,pclinuxos etc.

but anyway hp did the nice thing.these are proof of the growing platform.

btwn i dont believe as some pro-ms guy quoted from a source linux market is 1.xx % the reality may be more than 5% for Desktop segment(i read it somewhere and also read some problems identifying different distros,kernel versions etc).and for server segment it will be around 28% or more.but we have all pro-ms guys here(in the forum) and everywhere.that really is a big problem.Linux got no-ads or press push like the monopoly M$.
Let the neutral guys in the forum atleast read about:

"what is wrong with microsoft"
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/wrongms.htm
anti-competitive:
*www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f3800/msjudgex.htm
monopoly:
*www.around.com/microsoft.html

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
praka123 said:
hmm...companies like acer bundles old mandrake linux to prove the point.:rolleyes: instead of a newer distros like ubuntu,pclinuxos etc.
thing is, the linux and freedos is all on the media (CDs or DVDs) but never installed. so the user ends up installing a pirated version of windows. if everything is provided out of the box then it'll surely avoid the installation of pirated software. so providing those old "mandrake linux" disks is as good as not providing anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom