HP after sales service

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I bought compaq presario 6608au in october 2007. It is working fine till June 2008. However in the last month, when i start my laptop, i found that the sound is not working. I checked all settings, however the main sound was not working. I checked the sound with the headphone, however i got the sound through it. I consulted HP representative through online chat, they provide the drivers which i had installed but still the sound was not working. They recommend me to contact nearest servicce center to check it. So i went to one of the service center "Simitech Computronics pvt. ltd. Pune". i handed over the laptop to one of the engineers named and i showed them that the sound is working fine through headset. He heard the sound and kept remark that "internal sound problem". After around 2 days, i got the message from HP that your part has been ordered and we will inform you once it was received. however after 12 days i called the service center and they informed that they still didnt received. Then after some the days they called me and informed that they received the part and you can collect your laptop tomorrow, however next day again they called me and informed that this spare was also fauly and they need to replace it again. It again takes 2 weeks to order the part and there is no communication from their end. I again called them, they informed that your laptop is ready to collect.

I went there and i was shocked with the answers given by them. When i tested it, still there is no sound from the laptop speakers, the technician informed me that there is problem with your OS. I showed him that i had 2 OS on my laptop 1) Windows Vista 2) Ubuntu linux. I again showed the same thing that the sound is working through headset but no sound through laptop speakers. He insisted on the problem with OS. It really disappoints me.

The question that arises in my mind.

1) Is it take such time to repair a laptop, it takes around 1 month to just inform me that there is problem with my OS. I had a broadband at my home. So i regularly update my both OS. Even after i came home i tried to update to update the drivers and it shows your drivers is up to date.

2) What kind of service is this. The tehnician is so careless that i tried to explain him that this is not a OS problem, i showed sound in both OS, still they remain on the fact that your OS has problem. they really dont want to assist us. If it is a really a OS problem, then how does sound work before repairing.

It really disappoints me after buying this laptop, and i decided that i would never buy any HP product or recommend any one to buy it.:x
I raised a high level complaint to the managing team but still i havent got any reply from them even after 8 days.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I think you are being too gentleman'ly with them. Go create a chaos and mess at their store. Shout like you have been cheated. On then they do the work.

Treat everybody with great respect until you realize if they are worth it or not. If not, come down to their level and get them to do their work. Afterall, we earn money with so much sacrifices and hardwork, don't let an inefficient employee of HP affect your cool. Go, make them loose their cool and show them that you are the customer, not a beggar at their mercy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom