Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not recommendable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

harshitjain

Broken In
Hey all u guys I've got to buy a portable flash based mp3 player. How do u all think is iPod nano? I think it's prices will fall in 2 to 3 mojavascript:emoticon(':)')nths.

goobimama

 Macboy
It is simply amazing. I checked it out at the showroom and I'm truly amazed. I think i'll be going in for one after my exams. The sound quality is also exceptional.

One more thing. Apparently, if your screen gets damaged, apple will either replace the entire piece or just the screen free of cost. Light scratches are part of the parcel though, no replacement.

ranju_neel

Broken In
In bangalore, I got to sample the new IPOD Nano at the apple store and damn its good man. The sound quality is as usual with the apple thing exceeds excellence. Then the nano itself is true to its name. Very..........very..........very..........small, just 42 ounces. Further more the navigation has also been improved. I am going for one in just another month

kato

Karthiksn
IPOD NANO is the way to go i wanna get my hans on the 2 GB model.I will try and buy it after some time.

Retro

Journeyman
"Ipod Nano" is absolutely sexy to the core. I feasted on some of it's pix recently in a Tech Website and it managed to impress me a damn lot. The colors are fantastic and the sound, much better than all it's contemporaries. However, the price is certainly staggering and I can't even go near it for that matter. Wink: Apple products are all damn expensive for that matter. Seriously Macs are above 50,000 and Ipod Normal - 21K. If they want a bigger fan following in India, they'd better reduce their prices.

goobimama

 Macboy
I checked at the store, the 2GB was 15k and the 4GB was 18k

But on ebay it is 12k for the 2 GB and 14k for the 4GB

kato

Karthiksn
IPOD NANO 2 GB costs 15k oh no then i should think of buying it not early than next year

quad master

In the zone
I know that ipod nano is good.
but the sad part is the screen flaws and loads of other problems its facing world wide.

*img279.imageshack.us/img279/2153/crackedscreenipodnano9kx.jpg

Techtree.com

With complaints about it on the rise, Apple's most recent addition to the iPod family seems to have a far too delicate screen.

The Nano's colour screen gets scratched easily and in some instances even cracks.

A Nano owner, Matthew Peterson, launched flawedmusicplayer.com (formerly ipodnanoflaw.com) to gather data about other nanos facing similar problems.

Peterson has posted on his site, "It is way too fragile. Apple markets it in a pocket. Hell, Steve Jobs himself pulls it out of his, when he announces it. It was in my pocket as I was walking and I sat down. No, I didn't sit on it."

There are other instances wherein the Nano screen cracked in just a few hours of purchase, though it was placed in the top pocket without any other items along with it. Some of the nano screens cracked, even without a single scratch on screen. (Cracked from the inside)

This week several users started complaining about screens cracking or failing, inexplicably. Several users have e-mailed similar screen failures to flawedmusicplayer.com.

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=68294&cat_id=615&page=1

Read More here
- [Apple responds to iPod nano screen concerns] *www.macworld.com/news/2005/09/27/nanoscreen/index.php
- [Apple Forums Discussion] *discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@823.1UXDaaTXUpD.0@.68b94d61

Ipod always has some or the other problems comming up
earlier it was ipods battery life and now this screen problems for ipod nano.
i am completely dissapointed as after reading a lot abt ipod nano's gr8ness
i suggested my friend to get ipod nano and he got 2 of them from US , and
now i get to hear this now what do i tell him :evil:

Some one on the apple forums told to test if this wud help to remove scratches.
- *www.scratchpolish.com/plastic_restoration.htm[/QUOTE]

goobimama

 Macboy
But the warranty covers screen damage completely. I mean, it doesn't cover damages like minor scratches and stuff, but if there is damage to the screen, they will either replace the LCD or just replace the entire piece...That's what the dealer told me...

And even with the battery life problem, Apple did replace all the batteries didn't they!

T

thunderbird.117

iam going buy a 20gb the u2 ones.i hate ipod nano.u can hack ipod battery with cheap one with a good battery.apple replace baterry for 99$.have fun

Retro

Journeyman
thunderbird.117 said:
iam going buy a 20gb the u2 ones.i hate ipod nano.u can hack ipod battery with cheap one with a good battery.apple replace baterry for 99$.have fun
Seriously, I don't find anything spectacular in the U2 version. The colors are nice and goodies are too, but seriously they aren't worth the extra 3.5 K that you have to shell out.

Don't you guys think 15K for 2Gb is a bit tooooo high.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
ya, the nano is too delicate to use on bike. Some how the screen manages to crack itself, even when placed in upper pocket. My friend in NY got the screen replced twice in first 2 months. He told me to go for any other model. Seriosly, what's its use if u take it out from Ur pocket to show off to Ur friends and, instead of jealousy, they fell sorry for the screen and you...

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
also the Mac Schiller is a marketing guy, he won't accept till the comany says so. what he has said to maccentral on macworld.com is total crap....
Believe me, the nano feels much more delicate than the TRUE iPOD.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
also regarding the plastic restore make sure that the coating is not required periodically, like the teflon coating on bikes i.e. Bajaj Pulsars.

I know this doesn't matter her but...
My brother did the teflon coating on his pulsar 150 for 2 years (from Bajaj's authorised dealer Sah and Sanghi, Thane) and skipped it on 3rd year ( it costs around 1K bucks). then the bike's colour started to peel of like a layer of dead skin. He had to repaint the bike.
The Amway SiliconGlaze and Formula 1 are good and safe ones. I have used them on my Pulsar 150 DTSi.

kato

Karthiksn
@ashnik wat is that u have typed its totaly out of nowhere

Anyways i guess in this times issue of digit i saw the price of 2GB nano to be 8k???!!!

kato

Karthiksn
ashnik i meant why r u talking about bikes and teflon coating when we r talking about ipod nano did it have anything with ipod nano??

G

gxsaurav

off topic :

Apple has just released, Ipod video by the simple Name, The iPod, as now it can play audio, video, pictures podcasts, but all will be DRM based if U download via itunes

one thing that bugs me that if U use itunes to convert your music, by either CD or WMA to AAC,will it lock it with DRM protection, & then save, from where U can play only on my PC, if that is so then itunes sux & ipod nano too to some extent

anyway, since the ipod supports MPEG-4 Video & H.264 video, it's sure is a good choice, as these formats are not only my favoriot but also quite good in quality

but still it looses to Zen Vision in Video playback capability, this is taken from Apple Ipod video webpage

[
Playback time (30GB model)

* Music playback time: Up to 14 hours when fully charged
* Photo slideshow with music viewing time: Up to 3 hours when fully charged
* Video playback time: Up to 2 hours when fully charged

Now compare that to 5 hrs of Zen vision,

mods:remove this post if it starts a flame war

rohanbee

Padawan
its too brilliant an invention, am using the ipod shuffle and the quality and build is simply superb. Yes there have been some disscusions on the nano's vunerabilites and for new products sometimes these errupt but im sure they'll get sorted out by the time it hits indian shore.s Was almost going to buy it in england and the demo i got simply floored me.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom