Hows the new CELARON processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
How is the new Intel Celeron Processor with compare to the AMD Athlon XP?

Keep in Mind the FSB, The cache Memory etc……

theraven

Technomancer
celerons dont compare with amds
infact amds compare with p4's
so theres no contest
unless ur really realllyy strapped for cash ... dun even think abt celerons they are in one word ... WORTHLESS

G

gxsaurav

Raven U R wrong, he is talking about Celeron D based on Prescott core, they give performance to about old P4 cores, U know, 2.2 Ghz with 400 FSB = 2.8 GHz Celeron D with 533 FSB or close to that

ujjwal

Padawan
celerons dont compare with amds
infact amds compare with p4's
so theres no contest
unless ur really realllyy strapped for cash ... dun even think abt celerons they are in one word ... WORTHLESS

Agreed. After mendocino's and coppermines, celerons seemed to lose their value.

Raven U R wrong, he is talking about Celeron D based on Prescott core, they give performance to about old P4 cores, U know, 2.2 Ghz with 400 FSB = 2.8 GHz Celeron D with 533 FSB or close to that

Even so ... athlon's should give more value for money, now that athlon xp's are not the flagships of AMD, with a64 out ...

Also worth checking the sempron's on really low budgets ...

theraven

Technomancer
exactly my point ...
why would u want performance of an old p4 when ur gettin an amd which compared to the performance of a new p4 ? and gives it a run for its money i might add
well anyways personal choice :D i dun like the celerons much .

@ujjwal semprons are just a new name to replace the older athlons and bartons and durons ..
its the same as the thoroughbred B core... :(
they shouldve continued the athlons under a new name i feel
for more on semprons :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6468

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yes friends...... not every one has the money power to buy a hind processor..... but to compaire that new celaron processor with AMD batron code then keep the prise in mind its not a bad processor....... even the new cel2.4 on an ASrok mobo performing better than my AMD 2600+ XP on a ASUS mobo........ so for buget for around 25K to 28K for a full machine what processor to buy the new CEL or the AMD athlon?? cel processor is very chip.........

theraven

Technomancer
dude if ur sure celeron performs better than ur amd .. then y are u askin ?
its "better" and "chip" according to u ... so get it if u want it !!
i however still dont recommend it !!

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
celeron lacks the extra puch called the secondary cache. Very less :D

that's why it's cheap :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom