how2 restrict software installations in guest user

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro

Broken In
hi all,
i want to run my pc in guest mode (and not in administrator mode) so that no virus, trojan, malware should be able to infect my pc by INSTALLing itself.
i don't know how to set group policies etc which will prevent ANY program installations. that means no software installation under guest mode. Permission/logon from administrator should be needed (like they do in college labs/companies) to prevent/restrict unauthorised software installations. please elaborate the method to do this
also suggest a suitable article whish deals with this issue.

T

thunderbird.117

pro said:
hi all,
i want to run my pc in guest mode (and not in administrator mode) so that no virus, trojan, malware should be able to infect my pc by INSTALLing itself.
i don't know how to set group policies etc which will prevent ANY program installations. that means no software installation under guest mode. Permission/logon from administrator should be needed (like they do in college labs/companies) to prevent/restrict unauthorised software installations. please elaborate the method to do this
also suggest a suitable article whish deals with this issue.

Which operating system are you using?.

OP
pro

pro

Broken In
it_waaznt_me said:
i have win XP sp2 professional
yes yes i have tried this but still even after making a separate account other than guest the software restriction policy didn't worked. i was able to install opera even after changing security on a different restricted user account. do i have to make account as another adminstrator?:shock: but then everything will become useless... just how to add new user in low rights/access group ? it doesn't seems to be working.... i am completely messed up !:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom