How will Vista effect gaming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

Journeyman
Re: This might be a little outta context!

Will give it more resources to run, by auto shutting down unwanted processes in the background or reducing its load on the CPU. This's all I know, theres more though.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Re: This might be a little outta context!

wat abt Directx 10 API and rewritten driver mode framework so that even Directx 9.0 apps wud run better than XP !!!

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I tried GTA san andreas but it doesn't end any process ... even the game seemed a bit slower even on classic theme.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
nice topic here...never thought of this but wud like to know...

for vista...u already need 2 hv a high end system...so need not worry much abt gaming

cheers

darth_gamer

Broken In
All the vista newest beta build testers are saying that the games are running better on Vista then on Xp on the same hardware . This is some good news.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
yeah.. thtz obviously good news if u keep aside the no. of background processes vista is goin 2 run !!!!!!!

darth_gamer

Broken In
*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6154899&page=2

What's interesting is that Yerli told us that if you have Windows Vista and an older DirectX 9 card, you should still see better performance with Windows Vista than Windows XP, even if the hardware remains unchanged. "DirectX 9 on Vista will run faster throughout due to the better device driver model...which is a great thing because just upgrading the operating system on the same rig, you get a better gaming experience," he said.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
All the vista newest beta build testers are saying that the games are running better on Vista then on Xp on the same hardware . This is some good news.

Really ?? Did u try it first hand ??? I really doubt this is true in case of PC with 1 GB ram ... or either ur playing F.E.A.R.

Now i'm using the beta .. and all the games that run .. i hardly notice much diff. from XP ... though i know one thing ... 4 GB ram along with a dual core CPU will benefit immensely with Vista ....

darth_gamer

Broken In
@deathvirus ,

I haven't tried the new build as its not a public beta and i have no access to it, but what the testers are claiming is the new beta runs more smoother than the last build and the game performance thing has been noticed first time in this beta , the previous builds were slow in gaming when some sites like extremetech/pc stats (I really don’t remember) tried games on the previous beta versions .

If you have the latest build share your experience with it, and if you have a very high end system then maybe that’s why you are not noticing any difference in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom