How well will Vista work on my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have PC with the configuration of a P4, HT technology with a intel (R)82915G express motherboard with 80gb HDD and 512mb RAM. A DVD writer with that and an LCD screen.

How well Vista run on my PC? Will it run with the same efficiency as XP is running or will it slow down my PC? If it does slow it down why is that and what upgrades must i make to make my PC "Future Proof"?

Pathik

Google Bot
do u hav a external graphic card....
and vista ll obviously run on ur PC... but with normal gfx..
for the full experience go for a graphic card...

Venom

Journeyman
Will just work, no Aero and donuts for you though.

For recommended hardware see this:

Vista Capable
800 Mhz processor, 512 MB RAM, Dx 9 Capable GPU with 32 MB, 15 GB HDD for install and 20 GB minimum and a CD-ROM

Vista Premium
1 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, Dx 9 capable GPU with Hardware Pixel Shader v2.0 and WDDM Driver support with 128 MB (256+ for higher resolutions), 15 GB HDD for install and 40 minimum and a DVD-ROM

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Yaa....u cannot run aero now...also 512 MB ram is ok for basic computing..but i should have atleast 1GB ram for vista....
So get a 6200 and another 512 MB memory stick..

uttoransen

Broken In
just get another 512 md of ram

512 mb of ddr ram, means you will have 1 gb of ram now, and then vista will run smothly, on lcd it's really great, anyways you can never make a pc future proof, you need to keep upgrading, though vista requires 2gb to run really great, so you can also buy another 1.5 g of ram, will cost you enough, but then price dosenot matter, performance dose,
am happy with xp, and i will never chose vista, but i know you will try that, so have some more ram, and tell me how it works,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom