How was quicktime movie so smooth?

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by pranavrahul, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pranavrahul

pranavrahul New Member

Hey guys,
    I have a internet connection of 128 kps (Cable). I really wanted to see a video while using internet and in one website they gave 2 options to choose from realplayer and quicktime. I thought realplayer was way better but i was wrong realplayer kept displaying error message while when i clicked quicktime option it worked so fine, not even i stop. It was like watching on tv. HOW was that possible??? :shock:

2. mehulved

mehulved 18 Till I Die............

The bitrate might have been low. Check out the bit-rate on the site.

3. OP
    OP
    pranavrahul

pranavrahul New Member

>>>

No the bitrate was same :(

4. mehulved

Did it take long time to start? It might have stored the movie in cached the movie first then displayed it. There is an option in realplayer to do this, I dunno about quicktime player. It might have had a similar option on.

5. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

quicktime has instant on feature, so when u start watching a movie, it downloads the movie to the cache & then playes

usually it downloads 10 seconds, & when u r watching those 10 seconds, it downloads the next 10 seconds, or a little less, so it's constant, besides most of the quicktime movies on the web are Mp4, which provides good quality even at low bitrate

6. OP
    OP
    pranavrahul

pranavrahul New Member

Plz tell me

WOw cool tech_your_future.
    Plz tell me how to store a video in a cached in real player. I think it will make a lot of difference.

7. mehulved

It will make a lot of difference but remember it will take a longer time,too.
    I can't explain you exactly how to do it since I don't have a real player now, i use linux. But, you can check out the settings, if I do remember correctly, it is somewhere in the internet conections settings.it has been explained there. Maybe someone else will guide you exactly how its done. But, I guess it has its limits too. I haven't much of an idea how it would do for a long viedo or a vido that hasa very high bitrate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.