How was quicktime movie so smooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavrahul

Journeyman
Hey guys,
I have a internet connection of 128 kps (Cable). I really wanted to see a video while using internet and in one website they gave 2 options to choose from realplayer and quicktime. I thought realplayer was way better but i was wrong realplayer kept displaying error message while when i clicked quicktime option it worked so fine, not even i stop. It was like watching on tv. HOW was that possible??? :shock:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Did it take long time to start? It might have stored the movie in cached the movie first then displayed it. There is an option in realplayer to do this, I dunno about quicktime player. It might have had a similar option on.

G

gxsaurav

quicktime has instant on feature, so when u start watching a movie, it downloads the movie to the cache & then playes

usually it downloads 10 seconds, & when u r watching those 10 seconds, it downloads the next 10 seconds, or a little less, so it's constant, besides most of the quicktime movies on the web are Mp4, which provides good quality even at low bitrate

OP
P

pranavrahul

Journeyman
Plz tell me

WOw cool tech_your_future.
Plz tell me how to store a video in a cached in real player. I think it will make a lot of difference.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
It will make a lot of difference but remember it will take a longer time,too.
I can't explain you exactly how to do it since I don't have a real player now, i use linux. But, you can check out the settings, if I do remember correctly, it is somewhere in the internet conections settings.it has been explained there. Maybe someone else will guide you exactly how its done. But, I guess it has its limits too. I haven't much of an idea how it would do for a long viedo or a vido that hasa very high bitrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom