How To View Multisession CD's In Win XP ????????!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloowmel

Broken In
Does any one know how to view multisession cd's in XP?It's wierd but ,for the life of me I can't view my sessions xcept the last burned session.
In 98 I could do it with ease but XP seems hell bent on not letting me view all the sessions. Ofcourse by Viewing I mean using Just XP & not with a third party software.
Could anyone shed some light on what the problem seems to be?
Thanks.

lavan_joy

Journeyman
Put the cd in CD burner.
Then open the cd(click the cd drive letter) with nero burning rom (not with nero express)

after that open the cd, u can see the files.

U use this when i get the problems.

OP
M

melloowmel

Broken In
A Solution At Last !!!

Hello chaps!!!

Here is a third party Solution for this whole mess.
Get a shareware proggie called CD&DVD Analyze. You can get it here:

*www.download.com/3001-2140-10295850.html

This fellow does the job neatly. It can read all ur sessions on CD's burnt at different speeds, using a CD ROM / CD-RW Drive. Only restriction being that u can't directly acess the files. To acess files individually u gotta save the file to a location on the Hard disk & then acess it. There is a floppy icon in the program interface window which is used to save the selected files to a location of ur choice.

If anyone wants any further assistance with the proggies usage feel free to mail me at: hotjim99@yahoo.com ...(It has a 30 usage limitation)

vinaypatel

Journeyman
use the nero version 6.0 that provide facility of imagedrive

==> create image by following step

run nero express
select option of copy disc
select sorce drive as ur drive
select dest drive as image recorder
burn cd

it ask for name of file provide name where more then ur disk space is available

then go to control panel

select nero image drive

enable one drive

then select ur image and on right click select the option of image drive and enjoy............

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
It is not that you can't view multisession CDs in XP.............

You might have started new multisession on a multisessioned disk............. You should choose to continue multission or append multisession.....

Which Burning Software r u usin'??

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I suffered from this probblem too!
Win Xp used to read Multisession discs fine, suddenly one fine day it stopped! I used Isobuster to get around the problem [find it in older digit dvd]. Its the best. However later I reinstalled Xp and the problem was no more. So definitely its not Hardware related . Till now I have'nt been Re-Struck.!

AlienTech

In the zone
In multi session you always read the last session. That is how it was designed. If you added a new file it will add that to the data already on the disk and write out a new directory which is why you read old directory on the cd and add files to it. If you added a new file with the same name as an old one it replaces it in the new directory it writes ot the disk. So you loose access to the old file unless you run a multi-session activator program.
Nero has a program on its web site to let you access old sessions on the CD.

Now if you did this with a DVD you have mega problems. Not only does various xp versions have bugs but their fixes causes even moe problems. and then you get to the 4 gig bug... If you write the last session and it crosses 4 gigs you loose all your new sessions and get stuck with the 1st session you wrote to the disk. DVD's dont have multi-session anyway :) But you can sort of do the same thing they call multi-session on CD's. Which is just different tracks in Music lingo since each music track is a session itself.

bikram_singhy

Broken In
Re: How To View Multisession CD's In Win XP ?? SOLUTION

HI...

Windows XP does not support Viewing Multisession CDs as it used to b in windows 98.....

but there is a solution from Nero itself....

they have a multisession reader driver for XP....

Get it from here

*ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/Multimounter_for_Win9.x_2K_XP.html

after installing it and rebooting ur XP .... U will now b able to Read multisession CDs....

No need to load and use any other softwares just the multisession reader drivers... thats all...

Hope this helps all...

Bikram......

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I have read somewhere about a registry tweak to achieve this, but unfortunately I have completely forgotten where I have seen.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
u can use isobuster pro. it is robust program to handle any file type.also u can extract files with errors on it

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I am facing the same prb.. Even nero express does not recognise the multi
session disk. I have tried reading a multi session cd in diff. comps bt have
faced the same prb...

Downloading the nero tool posted here... hope it works..

E.T.

Broken In
I too face the same problem but only with dvds. When I started a multi session dvd it worked fine. after the second session the contents of the first session are no longer visible. However nero clearly shows the total space occupied. Will closing the disk show all its content?

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Re: How To View Multisession CD's In Win XP ?? SOLUTION

bikram_singhy said:
HI...

Windows XP does not support Viewing Multisession CDs as it used to b in windows 98.....

but there is a solution from Nero itself....

they have a multisession reader driver for XP....

Get it from here

*ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/Multimounter_for_Win9.x_2K_XP.html

after installing it and rebooting ur XP .... U will now b able to Read multisession CDs....

No need to load and use any other softwares just the multisession reader drivers... thats all...

Hope this helps all...

Bikram......

tHIS ONE WORKS. mY PROPERTIES WINDOW IS SHOWING VOLUMES TAB AND WE CAN SELECT THE VARIOUS SESSIONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom