How to view files of a folder of a website??

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi everyone.
I want to see the contents (images) of a folder of a website. A few days ago I was enable to open the Listing in Firefox. I directly clicked on the iamge and the image opened. I bookmarked the folder. I opened it many times after that too. But, now when I open the folder URL, the website opens. Now what should I do?? I need the images.. URGENT.. (There a lot, so I need 2 open it so many times)

crashuniverse

In the zone
well when any folder on a web server has index.htm or index.html file, u really cant see the folder contents. it directly displays index file. and to my experience there is no way u can see them.

one thing more, if "indexing" is disabled for folders there cant be any browser which can display the folder contents :)

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
one thing more, if "indexing" is disabled for folders there cant be any browser which can display the folder contents
I believe the term is "directory listing" and, yes, if disabled in the server, u cannot do a directory listing. Infact, a website allowing this listing is supposed to have less defences than one with this disabled.

Nevertheless, u can find out such directory listings from accross the internet from here.

expertno.1

Technomancer
1) well u could try to use directory listing

OR

2) u could downlaod the images of a particular directory using snagit

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, what is Snag It.. Can you help me. HOw 2 use it??

EDIT:But isn't Snag It a screen capture program.. HOw can I download things with it??

EDIT:please dont double post,use the EDIT button instead-digen

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I don't think snagit has such a feature, but u can use Teleporter Pro, or any such website downloading software to download a website and displaying it in hierarchical order.

Or, if u are using firefox, u can download BrowseImages extension to view only the images used in the particular page.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Err, sorry, the browseimages extension lists all the images that are linked from this page and not those images used in current page. Search for similar extensions for firefox.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Actually, the images are not on any page but they exist in a folder. The website does not show them on any page. So, I know the link to the folder but can't view its contents any more. Are you sure OFFLINE EXPLORER will help??

expertno.1

Technomancer
well if there is no any link then it would be difficult but nt impossible

u need to know the link of the directory

if u know it then it will work

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Nope. Just knowing the image's directory is not good for retreiving all the images in the directory. Any offline explorer will have to download and scan through all the links to find the image (or flash, sound, etc).

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Let me give you an example regarding what I am talking about..
>> Suppose, I have a website, say www.siddhartha.com and it has a folder of 'xyz'. Now suppose there are various sub-folders too in it containing lots of images but none of them are linked on any page of the website but exist on the server. A few days ago, I was able to move about in the Listing seeing the subfolders and downloading images one - by - one. Now, I know the folder link, but since there a lot of images, I don't remember the names of the images present. So is knowing the folder link enough.
:?: :?: :?: IS THERE ANY PROGRAM IN WHICH I CAN SPECIFY THE FOLDER LINK, and IT WILL SHOW ME ALL THE SUB-FOLDERS and ALSO ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD ANY IMAGE THAT I WANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom