How to use Rediff Bol in Linux ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Hi !!!

Just right now, I'm able to connect my linux box to internet.

So, now I want to use Rediff Bol (bcoz I've most of the friends online there).
There is no version of Rediff Bol for Linux :-(

So, what to do?

I have Gaim 'n can use it for Yahoo! similarly can I configure it to use for Rediff Bol ???

Please help !!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
I think Rediff bol is unfortunately not supported yet in pidgin or any IM Clients.u can try wine or GIYF
*appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=3345

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Bol didn't work out for me on Wine. It just opened the border of the window, that's it. Give it a shot and please let us know if you could make it work.

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
sachin_kothari said:
*www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine...er/023643.html

this is what i found on wine forums

I got the same but ... :-(

praka123 said:
if u want it running fine 100%,u can go for crossover office :p and u know the way!

I can't understand what u mean....

can u explain me please ???

I also searched on Crossover Compatibility List. But Rediff Bol is NOT listed there :-(

Last edited:
OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
ok. I'll try tomorrow. (as I don't have BroadBand here, I've to download it from college :-( ) How nice, INDIA celebrating BroadBand Year :X

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Now, I'm able to install Rediff Bol with help of wine.
I'm also able to log in.

But now, the problem is I can't CHAT. When I type some message, as soon as I hit send, it doen't get displayed on screen. & I can't see messages from friends also.:-(

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Try crossover office.They have a 30 day trial version download.Try if it works with that.Or use wine

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
:( :(
same problem with CrossOver Office. can't display text in chat window! :-(

I think it's happening bcoz it needs FLASH & flash is in Restricted packages.
isn't it ???

praka123

left this forum longback
dont u know that u can install win32-firefox and flash9/shock etc for windows via wine or crossover? :D try

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
praka123 said:
dont u know that u can install win32-firefox and flash9/shock etc for windows via wine or crossover? :D try

But what is the use of Installing Windows Firefox instead of Linux's own Firefox??

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
shirish_nagar said:
Now, I'm able to install Rediff Bol with help of wine.
I'm also able to log in.

But now, the problem is I can't CHAT. When I type some message, as soon as I hit send, it doen't get displayed on screen. & I can't see messages from friends also.:-(
i asked about rediff bol support to seanegan he told me there is not such plan to add any other messenger support but you can write plugin for it

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Desi-Tek.com said:
i asked about rediff bol support to seanegan he told me there is not such plan to add any other messenger support but you can write plugin for it

then can someone write a plugin for it here ????

praka123

left this forum longback
yes,pidigin needs to have rediff bol support and it is pity that no indian yet had wrote a plugin :( ofcorz this IM is a "never heard" for Other people.
I am not a script writer :D,but u can ask for support by chatting on IRC with pidign developers directly.hopefully they can help finding a plugin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom