How to use pulse dailing in windows xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
How to use pulse dailing in windows xp?Even though i have selected it.It dails with a sound of TONE dailing.And i think it doest work.But in 98 i find
the difference between it.so how to make use of PULSE dailing in WINDOWS XP.(PRO)Help me plz.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
weell,
go to the properties of ur connexion and then click on the calling rules,
now click on ur location and enter the correct country a.k.a india for direct dial and then in the general tab, there will be an option for setting pulse/tone, jus choose and then comeback and reset ur location on the props window as India and then connect...

If that doesnt work do this :
in the modem props's advanced tab/button and in the extra initialization field type "ATDP"

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
You can do one more thing! And I think this is the simplest method to do that!

Just put a 'p' before the number which you dial. And then click the dial button. It will ask if you want to make the number change permanent. Click 'Yes'!
And voila u've switched to a pulse dialing hassle-free :)
To switch back to Tone dialing just remove the 'p'.

PS Enter 'p' without quotes. e.g. p172233

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Weird, I use the letter P here before the number I dial here. But just for names sake try capital P if you havent I dont think its case sensitive but I guess its worth a try.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Hey, there is a small switch beneath ur phone.
Turn it to " Pulse" n see if it can do the thing for u.

q3_abhi

Youngling
This problem happened with me too. But when i turned that small switch beneath the Telephone, i could dial properly in pulse mode in XP.

anomit

In the zone
Here is your soln:

Open your connection, go to Properties>General>CHeckbox 'Use Dialing Rules'>Dialing Rules>Edit>Select option 'Pulse'

*img208.imageshack.us/img208/8894/ss5yp.th.jpg

NOTE: No need to change any other settings like Area Code and Country Code

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
there is a very easy and simple solution to switch between pulse and tone dialing mode in XP. open your connection dialog box, go to properties and just press 'p' for pulse and 't' for tone dialing on your keyboard. the change is permanent and you don't have to do this everytime you want to connect.

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
well some time my phone line work's in pulse mode.so that only i have posted it.And we can find diffrence in win98 and xp.And i think xp just has the option pulse mode but not works i think.To clarify u itself select pusle mode in the both os and then see the difference.u itself come to know that win98 only works pulse mode and not xp.And i think that in xp pulse and tone mode are one and the same.And no difference.clarify urself and then post reply plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom