how to use HTML is digit forum posts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandit

In the zone
can anyone help me out on how to give those cool HTML effects in posts in forum. the OPTIONS on the left of this box reads:
Options
HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

:?: :mrgreen:

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud u can use Html in the post..... plz visit ur Profiles there u can enable/disable HTML ...still if u cant use HTML and get HTML is OFF ..then its been disabled by the Admins..u cant do any thing bout it....

tuxfan

Technomancer
You can use BBCode in place of HTML.

Can I use HTML?
That depends on whether the administrator allows you to; they have complete control over it. If you are allowed to use it, you will probably find only certain tags work. This is a safety feature to prevent people from abusing the board by using tags which may destroy the layout or cause other problems. If HTML is enabled you can disable it on a per post basis from the posting form.

What is BBCode?
BBCode is a special implementation of HTML. Whether you can use BBCode is determined by the administrator. You can also disable it on a per post basis from the posting form. BBCode itself is similar in style to HTML: tags are enclosed in square braces [ and ] rather than < and > and it offers greater control over what and how something is displayed. For more information on BBCode see the guide which can be accessed from the posting page.

For more information and tips on BBCode, go to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode

Got it? :)

cyberia.in

In the zone
I have a few tutorials on my website that i would like to post here.

Unfortunately, it has a lot of html in it, which i'm currently not allowed to post. Converting it to BBCode will take time. Is there an other way to post HTML here ??????????

cyberia.in

In the zone
For anyone interested, i found a htl to bbcode converter here -

*javascript.about.com/library/blscr01.htm

however, it's not very efficient

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
This link which was given by tux.... is very important... every one should read it very carefully.... this will answer their most common question....

cheetah

In the zone
Also there is a offline version of BBcode Composer called FASS dont remember the link.....And there is a BBCODE2HTML converter (OFFLINE) available too...search for em on google...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom