How to use BartPE Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnpandya

Broken In
I've downloaded the BartPE builder and the plugins to create the live-on-CD for Windows-XP. Initially it did not work with my WinXP installation CD and asked for SP1 as minimum requirement, so I copied all the files on the CD to HDD and applied SP1 to it on HDD itself.

Then the builder created an ISO file successfully after a loooooong wait. I burned it on a CD and it booted properly but after showing the windows XP boot screen (the very first one in which the three blue squares are moving below the logo), the computer shows a blue screen and gives some address showing {Fatal Exception Error}.

Is there any special way of creating the ISO file? Why is this happening if everything is alright? This happens with all the computers I've tried. The CD works very well with autorun feature and I can see all the programs for BartPE and even use them when I'm running winxp, but booting from the cd is not possible!

Hey [deXTeR], this problem has come up from your suggestion of using WinPE or BartPE. I opted for BartPE as it was free download. Please help.

devianthulk

Broken In
In my opinion Bart's PE Builder Sucks!!!

Lemme know why do u need it... there a many other ways of troubleshooting startup probs..... why use this proggy???

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
I've got NTFS partitions on 40 GB hdd and have partitioned new 80 GB HDD using WinXP diskmanager and it created dynamic partitions. Now my so much of data is on that 80 GB hdd. I wanted to use the same new hdd as a stand alone disk and install WinXP on that, and it did not allow me obviously.

I can not even convert the hdd from dynamic to basic without reformatting and [deXTeR] suggested that i can see that partition from BartPE or WinPE. This did not solve my problem but I was curious to see WinXP live on CD after Knoppix working without trouble.

It's just the matter of curiosity. Any other option is available for viewing NTFS partitions and dynamic disks without connecting it to another working WinXP wrok station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom