Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aft3rlife

Right off the assembly line
This tutor will explain how to connect net on PC using your Mobile via USB.

Req:-
Mobile: Any latest mobile will do (im using Nokia N70)
Appz: Nokia PC Suite new one.
Service Provider : You need to activate Airtel Live on your mobile.

Note: Havnt tested on other networks

Modem Driver

Installing the Nokia PC Suite also installs the modem drivers (I used Nokia PC Suite 6.80.20). After PC Suite installation, connect the handset to the USB port on your computer with the DKU-2 cable and Windows XP should automatically detect and install the modem.

Dial Up Connection
Go to Control Panel > Network Connection and create a new connection.
Connect to the Internet > Set up my connection manually > Connect using a dial up modem > Nokia xxxx USB modem >
ISP Name - Any convenient name, Airtel Dialup for example.
Phone Number - *99#
User name and Password - Leave blank.

Init String
Go to Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Modems > Nokia xxxx USB Modem > Properties > Advanced. In "extra initialization commmands" enter

AT+CGDCONT=,"IP","airtelfun.com" <cr>

Proxy Server

IE settingsAs detailed before go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > select Airtel Dialup > Settings > check "Use a proxy server for this connection". Enter address 100.1.200.99 and port 8080.

Firefox Settings
Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection Settings -> Manual Proxy Settings -> Enter Http proxy as 100.1.200.99 and port 8080.

Usage
Don't try to connect to the internet on your mobile phone yet. Connect using the Airtel Dialup connection on your PC. Now open Menu > Web on the mobile phone and open Rip Airtel Live made earlier. It won't open. Go back to your PC and browse the internet!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Wait u have to activate Airtel Live or Airtel GPRS. Coz as of live I dun think so that you are allowed to access any site. It might be GPRS pls check.

OP
A

Aft3rlife

no dude u can access using Airtel Live it self checkout here how to connect

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30087

joshi_ban

Broken In
Hay Thanks For Sharing This, But I Am Not Able To Use Msn Messenger While Using Airtel Live As Internet Connection, For Yahoo Messenger, I Used The Proxy, And Its Working.,

Any Comments

joshi_ban

Broken In
djmykey said:
Wait u have to activate Airtel Live or Airtel GPRS. Coz as of live I dun think so that you are allowed to access any site. It might be GPRS pls check.

Hay AIRTEL LIVE WORKS DJMYKEY

are u from pune>>>where

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hmm maybe I also have to buy a Bluetooth thingy for my 6600. And yes I am from pune.

joshi_ban

Broken In
if this works in Pune, then it surely work in HARYANA, make sure that u use AIRTEL and AIRTEL LIVE is enabled

OP
A

Aft3rlife

well well this tutor has helped you all, but no one seem to be intrested in thanking or add reputation. i feel sori abt this guys.

meetashwin_16

Broken In
hi,
plzz anybody tried with SE W550i
whenever i connect it thru cable as instructed then it says hardware failure & if i remove that initialisation command then it give me PPP multilink protocol.Bytheway I am from Dhule (MAHARASHTRA).
So guys plzz help me & if any1 has got success on SE then post it how u have done.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Aft3rlife said:
well well this tutor has helped you all, but no one seem to be intrested in thanking or add reputation. i feel sori abt this guys.
You dont have to feel sorry, Reps and Thanks are two pretty new features here since PHPBB so not many use em or have time to use em'...

joshi_ban

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:
You dont have to feel sorry, Reps and Thanks are two pretty new features here since PHPBB so not many use em or have time to use em'...

exactly. these are new things and many even dont notice a small thanks button

well THANKS anyways and if hoping to get some more updates on this as of now things are okay, but facing problem of connection drop out,,

however, have kept this in my trial..so lets see... if works properly then will deact my MO

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
dude mine is not working....if i provide that initialisation command in advanced my modem (k300i) stops responding n does not connect....it gives a hardware failure wen trying to dial.....its workin fine without that command but then its not connecting..."ppp link protocol terminated" ...can ne1 plz help me out

cheers

dabster

In the zone
speedyguy,
mine is sony ericsson j210i unable to find data cable for my phone....where did you managed to get it from...or you are using bluetooth to connect to yr PC....

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
open Rip Airtel Live
What do you mean by that ? Also I got connected many time prior to seeing your post, apart of airtelive they say, no server access ?
Do your trick can bypass that ?

amritpal2489

In the zone
don't leak this thing out.
Airtel is thinking of stopping Airtel Live and introducing a service like planet hutch. Check out planet hutch at hutch.co.in ( u have to pay rentals and for your downloads and for surfing also)

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@dabster: dude u need to get a "Data Cable DCU 11, USB" which is meant for SE phones....twill also provide u d software for installing ur phone....then download fma for better connectivity between ur phone n pc
gud luk

ps: it costs around 250 bux
cheers

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
meetashwin_16 said:
hi,
plzz anybody tried with SE W550i
whenever i connect it thru cable as instructed then it says hardware failure & if i remove that initialisation command then it give me PPP multilink protocol.Bytheway I am from Dhule (MAHARASHTRA).

So guys plzz help me & if any1 has got success on SE then post it how u have done.

Try switching off ur cell, remove ur battery and sim and try again. This shud help.

Also I dont know if Nokia PC Suite will support SE W550i

The extra initialisation commands r not a must for Airtel. Try with and without the commands.

Make sure u can access ur cell using the USB cable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom