How to upload website

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.Lalnunmawia

Broken In
Inspired by Digit Fast Tract 'Web Design' I build a personal website using Frontpage 2002. I tested offline with the three common browsers and it seems fine, but I have problem uploading it. I applied for a free sub domain (my-site.net)and got one active account but still I could not upload it. What more things do I need to do. Please help.

Pathik

Google Bot
u need to get a web hosting service.. Free or paid.. Then u need to upload ur files to their servers and redirect ur domain to their address

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
The site you want to upload should have frontpage extensions enabled and ftp uploads.
But, seriously you'd be better off not using frontpage. There are many more WYSIWYG editors producing neater code. Dreamweaver is great but way too costly. There are free options too.

OP
H

H.Lalnunmawia

Broken In
Thanks guys for all the support. But sorry, Frontpage is all I have and all the other webdesign software I got from digit CD have limited functions.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Best way is to learn HTML. And HTML is too easy to learn for anybody. You can then use such editors to make your work easier and remove all unneeded codes, if you know HTML and css.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Learn HTML. As soon as you know the "basics" switch over to XHTML and start paying attention to CSS.

You can use Notepad++ to write HTML/XHTML/CSS/PHP. It is a free software.

If you really want to use a WYSIWYG editor, then Nvu is also free. But all these WYSISYG editors put in unnecessary code!

Pathik

Google Bot
JhonCena said:
use filezilla if you host support FTP
AFAICR is crap!
rofl.... but @ jhon how did u say it was crap wen u didnt know wat it is????

Last edited:

JhonCena

Journeyman
tuxfan said:
c'mon guys, give JohnCena a break now. Everyone has pulled his leg enough. Isn't it?
yes everyone is teasing me. I am editing my post. but it wasn't me it was my bro who did many wrong posts in last few days. sorry mods and admins.
John is back!

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
JhonCena said:
yes everyone is teasing me. I am editing my post. but it wasn't me it was my bro who did many wrong posts in last few days. sorry mods and admins.
John is back!

It's not teasing. I just had a laugh reading it. I often had more laughs at my writings. :)

OP
H

H.Lalnunmawia

Broken In
Thanks everyone, and special thanks to Indyan and tuxfan for the invite and links. Now could anyone tell me which is the best free web hosting service and the best free web design software?
Edit: Sorry I don't get the Gmail invite in my email.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom