How to upgrade to linux kernel 2.6 from kernel 2.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjayasurya

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am new to linux and i have a linux distro , based on debian, with 2.4 kernel. I am very much intrested in upgrading to the 2.6 kernel. I would be highly obliged if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction. I would also like to know the differences between the two versions along with their advantages.

Thank You,

JayaSurya.K

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
NO NO please do not try the link given. For Debian the process is much diffrent (I have a project presentation now so will come back and share the method i use Please wait till then.) the link gives a method for red hat / fedora distro.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I got a DVD from PCQ in December 2004 issue. It contains Debian. I suppose it must be containing Kernel 2.6. Either get hold of the December issue of PCQ or wait till I get a DVD writer in about 15-20 days time. Then I can copy and give it. You can then just upgrade the installation. Speak to known Linux champs here or take a google serach on how to upgrade.

kaysquare

Journeyman
i have the debian DVD given out by PCQ this month. I have a DVD burner too. Can ship it to any one who can cover my media and shipping costs. I live in bangalore

nixcraft

Journeyman
kaysquare said:
i have the debian DVD given out by PCQ this month. I have a DVD burner too. Can ship it to any one who can cover my media and shipping costs. I live in bangalore
It is easy to get DVD ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
nixcraft said:
It is easy to get DVD
Yes as of now it will be easy. But as soon as the new issue comes, it may become little difficult. But I appreciate kaysquare's intention. He is ready and willing to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom