How to update software of a NOKIA phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
i m using Nokia 6630 and recenlty i heard that one can update his mobile's software by visiting the Nokia Service center.
Is it True??

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
The firmware is V 5.03.08
What wud b the cost of update and what wud b the benefits after Updating?

K

krazyfrog

^^ If your phone is under warranty, it'll be done for free. If its not under warranty, they'll charge you around 200 bucks and will take around 2 days to make the update.
Software update can bring many changes. Some big some small. But you can be sure of expecting improvements in your phone.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Yeah maybe. I've seen regular shops taking 1-2 days. Nokia care might be doing it a lot faster.

Pathik

Google Bot
it takes jus 20 minutes to update ur firmware....
tho nokia care might take much longer....
u can update the 6630 firmware @ home using the data cable...

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
what is the procedure to update if one has the latest firmware??
How can he update and what r the precautions??
Will all the data in the phone deleted?

K

krazyfrog

^^ You should follow the instructions that your software updater gives you. Make sure you have a good net connection and that the phone's battery is fully charged. And yes, all the data in phone memory will be permanently lost. So backup your phone memory to your memory card before updating.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
It always saying that ur FIrmware is Up to date but the firmware of my phone is 5.03.08
The new one i think is 6 point something.
What sud i do now?

assasin

Banned
Even i had the same problem.Had to go to Nokia Care at last to get it updated.I even had the firmwarte file for my set but didnt have the flashing software (Phoenix).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom