How to update AVG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyutkarsh

Broken In
I left using AVG antivirus even though I liked it very much. The reason just that I could not find out how to update it manually. I dont want online update. Somebody suggest a solution.

swatkat

Technomancer
if you dont want the Online updates, then you must have the update files with you.
In AVG 7 Free edition, right click on the AVG icon in System Tray, and click Update, it shows a dialog box which asks whether to update from Internet or File, you choose File and then show the path of the Update File in your HDD.

Slam Team

Journeyman
onlyutkarsh said:
I left using AVG antivirus even though I liked it very much. The reason just that I could not find out how to update it manually. I dont want online update. Somebody suggest a solution.
The best u should do is... start the live-update from the avg main control panel and as soon as it shows the file url in the update window .. do a print screen and type the url in the Internet explorer page or in a download manager and download... DONE ... :lol:

softcd

Broken In
I hope you are using the free edition of Avg.

This is the site link
*free.grisoft.com/doc/1

As far as updates are concerned, Yes, you can easily update it manually. In the website, on the left-hand side corner, follow I need help ==>Get AVG update.

Here you can see the latest update available for download (~ 5 mb).
Download it to your system. Start AVG. Click on update option. It will give you choice of update through a local folder. Select it and browse to the folder you have saved the update. Thats it!

Hope this is helpful :p

Sorry to edit , but Avg 7 freeware is also available.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Just put on the auto update feature on the main control panel of AVG.
Its atarts downloading wahe U get to the net. Be sure its original otherwise after the update it ask for the key.(only for AVG 7 nd above as AVG 6 is now freeware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom