How to trash CD's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i've got a large number of cd-r's (>500) containing some of which contain important data..now the problem is that i dont need them anymore and want to throw them..how do i do that??

aku

Gonna make it BiG
you can
1.take a scissor and cut it into pieces.
2.break it with your hand
3.scratch off the label side (anything will do.. )
4.burn it
5.do all of 'em ;)

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
akuCRACKER said:
you can
1.take a scissor and cut it into pieces.
2.break it with your hand
3.scratch off the label side (anything will do.. )
4.burn it
5.do all of 'em ;)
+1
LOL

karnivore

in your face..
U need a thread to know, how to dispose off CDs. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
give those Cd's to me , i will use it better way . else do *www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FDD/X69D/F4JUPEQB/FDDX69DF4JUPEQB.MEDIUM.jpg
*www.metacafe.com/watch/738664/kill_all_data_on_a_cd_dvd_in_5_seconds_or_less/

slugger

Banned
nish_higher said:
no pro tools??
CD Shredders

CD Shredders & CD Destroyers

12 Sheet Cross Cut Paper shredder ( CD Shredding)

ebay result
5 items found for CD shredder

plz DO NOT burn ur optical disks

disks r made of polymer material which release extremely toxic fumes when burned
disposal of comp hw ne way causes so much pollution
y add 2 it

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
give it for recycling . ( dont ask whom to give to , perhaps some shop which sells plastic stuff or a guy who comes on the street selling plastic stuff )

slugger

Banned
ribbon cuttin, d fave pass-time of our country's poitician

CD cuttin, d fave pass-time of our country's uth

narangz

Web developer
nice to know someone's interested in disposing off the cds in a proper way... dont burn them as the post above suggests. give them for recycling but i dont know if you can find a recycler here. guys be environment friendly :)

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@max_demon.. u can waste ur bandwith on other good stuff available at metacafe... ;).. u kno wat i mean..

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i usually do this job with these 'desi methods' but even if i do it now with so many cd's the problem is where to throw them..gotta find some recycler.else garbage dump will b the last and the only option.anyways thanks fr ur help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom