1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

How to transfer files?

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by abhijitroy, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhijitroy

abhijitroy New Member

What is the best way to transfer files between two computers - one at home and the other at office? Ya, modem and dial up connection is available with the both of them.

2. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

Thumbdrive will be easier and faster... I think 1 GB capacity drives are available for about 3.5k...

Arun

3. hansraj

hansraj Member

assuming that u dont want to go for this pendrive option heres one the solution(pendrive remains the better option)

make use of hyperterminal to send u r files across ... but the prob is u need manning both the computers simultaneously. this u can achieve without any third party software in xp

4. senthilrek

senthilrek New Member

Use softwares like VLC. But make sure you have goos internet connections on both side

5. OP
    OP
    abhijitroy

abhijitroy New Member

Can using Microsoft Remote Desktop or Symantec's PC Anywhre be any good in such case? Actually, I don't know how to use these two softwares - Please enlighten me so that I can transfer files between two remote computers with ease. Also, it is better to be able to transfer files with the other computer kept unmanned, though it is powered on. Well, I don't intend to transfer files by using removable media like thumb drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.