how to tearn game development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sad guy

Right off the assembly line
is there any courses in INDIA where they teach you how to make games?
what education course should i do? (MCA?,COMP ENGG?,Msc Physics ?)
how do i learn about the tricks of directx sdk?
what else do i have to learn beside c++ & 3dmax to make international standard games?

G

gxsaurav

Basically there is no such course for it, U can do Advanced Diploma & Multimedia & Animation from Arena Multimedia ( I m doing it, 1st sem), they in the 3rd & 4th sem teaches U about Game engine desigining & 3d modeling, with 3DsMax, however U can also learn it at home, although not too high fi, just go to the market, & find 3 books, Redbook, Orangebook & bluebook for OpenGL 1.1, 1.4 & 1.5, they will give U a good start, these are not the real name but the cover color which gave them this actonym, these are old books & the next book for OpenGL 2.0 is not out yet, U may find this online too in PDF format

U also need to have sound knowledge of VC++ as OpenGL coding is done in that, also Arena will teach U 3DsMax but U can also learn Maya 6, which includes a tutorial with it. Then, U just read the books & start practising openGL, & after that U will learn from the books the other things, like how to link models in game engine etc

G

gxsaurav

If U R not doing graduataton, then I will say join BCA, then U will have a degree as well as good control of VC++ etc, as OpenGL & DirectX are also used in making Windows & Linux softwares

G

gxsaurav

Here is the link to download OpemGL Redbook, it is ealry & old version, U need t olearn the basics first

*www.gamedev.net/reference/count.asp?LinkID=993 = 7.9 MB PDF

rockyj123

Broken In
www.gameedu.org ..... game institute in delhi...... dnt go to arena multimedia if u wanna get into games..... they teach u shit.....
or go abroad to do a course .... thats the only way ur gonna get into games....

aadipa

Padawan
at least this

VC++
3DS Max
Photoshop/Corel
OpenGL/DirectX
Maths
3D Graphics
AI

u don't need to master all, just choose ur lane, but basic knowledge of all is must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom