how to take screenshot in red hat 9linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
press "Print Screen" in ur keyboard... and paste the image from memory to any image editor in linux...

hey i'm not sure tht button works like windows on linux or nor ;-)

u better ask GNUrag :)

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
pradeep_chauhan said:
What a complet answer? I wonder why people write such things. May be to raise their post count . Amazing stuff.

well pradeep... i don't do linux so i'm not sure of whether that key works on linux platform or not as it works and stores captured screen in windows platform... i posted there to help him...

and i refereed him to "undisputed most experienced guy in GNU/Linux GUNrag"... okay!

actually by not writing any thing related to topic u can who's trying to raising his post count stuff...

kidding... no hard feelings...

theraven

Technomancer
pradeep_chauhan said:
What a complet answer? I wonder why people write such things. May be to raise their post count . Amazing stuff.
yeah and i wonder why ppl dont search *img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/google.gif for their answers

*forums.devshed.com/archive/t-188965
*forums.devshed.com/t188965/s.html
*www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/234197
*www.troubleshooters.com/linux/scrshot.htm
*www.goosee.com/puppy/sforum/simpleforum.cgi?fid=03&topic_id=1095621779

Code:
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=how+to+take+a+screenshot+in+linux&meta=

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/google-has-the-answer-simpsons-bart.jpg

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
No realy the point of me ans this was that the q realy is interesting so one looks up the ans and find a totaly out of context entry its frustrating to say the least and by the way the suggested method does not work.
and by the way this is not a sling match which goes on you do i do ...... Get the point what is being made.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
damn! damn! damn!

can somebody help me how to take screenshot in red hat linux cant use printscreen key

damn! damn! damn!........ how i forgot to read that... damn! damn! damn!...

apologies 2 pradeep_chauhan :) :)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
kjuvale said:
can somebody help me how to take screenshot in red hat linux

There are two methods you can try out...
1) KDE ...
Press Alt + F2 ... a run program dialog box comes up.
Type: ksnapshot and press enter...
specify your timer settings and click on "New Snapshot"

2) GNOME
If its GNOME version > 2.4 then
Click GNOME paw icon on panel... click on Take Screenshot
------
theraven, Shekhar, Pradeep .... see sometimes it happens that someone may come up with a doubt that he/she can better google around .... but if our posting makes him happy then what's the harm in it ? just suggesting him to use $ ksnapshot does not take more than 2 lines of posting... and everyone is happy... :)

theraven

Technomancer
GNU i had no problem man .. he was rude thats y i posted it like the way i did ... even tho palash was wrong he made an honest mistake ...

anyways ksnapshot IS mentioned on one of those links ... soo is the second option u gave ... and i provided him with a million more from google with a direct link

if the guy doesnt take help right i cant help it !!!

anyways far be it for me to argue with a mod.... to each his own
i hope atleast now he got his answer

dspawar

Broken In
Press Print Screen & then Linux will ask u where u want to save the Screen hot automatically...choose any loc u want & then Open with ur favourite editor. If u want to take a print then U have some editor ....I actually forgto the name, but I took printouts of my program output on Linux in college...Will tell u soon...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
dspawar said:
Press Print Screen & then Linux will ask u where u want to save the Screen hot automatically
Printscreen key for taking a screenshot depends on a number of factors... and it does not work always... It may have worked in your version of GNOME but it does not work now.... and besides if you are using and exotic window manager like say IceWM or fluxbox , then you have to use ksnapshot anyhow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom