How to suppress the nasty poping-up window at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple_grew

Broken In
I have Windows 98 SE (on C: drive) and Windows XP Professional with SP2 (on D: drive) installed on my computer.

Whenever I start the computer in WinXP a folder "D:\Program Files\Java" opens up. I close it; now when I again start the computer in WinXP it happes again.

I have checked the StartUp folder in Start Menu and its empty.

Help! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
type msconfig in the run box....and go 2 the startup tab...look 4 it there....if its there then disable it....should stop popping up

H

h4ck3r

You can go for a canned software also..like tweaking softwarez....
But as Nemesis said msconfig is the correct way...apt to the issue

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
type msconfig at run > then move to statup tab & just unselect ur java or wat-so-ever u may not want to pop-up at the booting time!!!

OP
A

apple_grew

Broken In
I forgot to mention that I had also checked msconfig's StartUp section too. There is no such entry which can trigger Java folder to pop up at startup :(

atool

Journeyman
looks like wrongly installed java prog. try to uninstal it from add/remove prog...should solve the prob.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nemesis said:
type msconfig in the run box....and go 2 the startup tab...look 4 it there....if its there then disable it....should stop popping up

And since When Did Windows XP Have The Msconfig feature....... :shock:

OP
A

apple_grew

Broken In
atool wrote:-
looks like wrongly installed java prog. try to uninstal it from add/remove prog...should solve the prob.

I must say on the contrary I NEVER installed java here. Actually I installed java in Java folder from Win98 & installed java for WinXp in JavaXP folder.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
allwyndlima said:
Nemesis said:

allwyndlima..Check before you accuse someone pal.... Nemisis is perfectly right .Windows Xp Pro does have Msconfig...

go4inet

In the zone
Hm... try this simpler method to succed the one you wanted :
Delete the one's you dont require :

*img91.exs.cx/img91/188/62-startup.th.gif

Delete the one's which you dont require to pop-up while booting windows. The best way according to me, or else you have to screw your resgitry settings. Unless you to know to edit your registry, dont ever touch them, which may crash your PC for sure !

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
go4inet said:
Hm... try this simpler method to succed the one you wanted :
Delete the one's you dont require :

*img91.exs.cx/img91/188/62-startup.th.gif

Delete the one's which you dont require to pop-up while booting windows. The best way according to me, or else you have to screw your resgitry settings. Unless you to know to edit your registry, dont ever touch them, which may crash your PC for sure !

Hey vinay cant u read his post clearly.....
:x
I have checked the StartUp folder in Start Menu and its empty.
got that..... 8)

OP
A

apple_grew

Broken In
freshseasons you have misunderstood me. I know WinXP has Msconfig & I mean I have checked there too but can't find anything will trigger Java folder to pop up at startup.

Well now, tell me how to get rid of this annoying problem by registry. I know how to edit registry. :?: :(

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

*www.mcse.ms/message1004019.html

*www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=952395&page=1

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
allwyndlima said:
Nemesis said:

here u go:

MSCONFIG

imprince

Journeyman
use registry mechanic 3 my dear ... it will solve ur problem
download

*downloads-zdnet.com.com/3302-2094_2-10238575.html?pn=1&fb=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom