how to store update defination of antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiFriend

In the zone
how to store update defination of antivirus "Avira AntiVir "so that if reinstall ,I does not need download all virus defination again.

ECE0105

In the zone
Excellent Question Dude......

I request all the Enlightened souls to answer this issue since d/l the updates for all the anti-spyware Firewalls and Antivirus software are a Big headache.......

I like Ad-Aware in this regards since you only have to save the defs.ref file which is enough to update the definitions.......

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
u just go to the folder that contains the updates and copy the vdf files. when u reinstall it, replace the original vdf file with the files u copied. this will update ur definitions. vdf file is in case u r using avira antivir.

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks for the reply Saurabh...

Can you please let me know the methods for McAfee and AVG Anti-Virus also..

Thanks in Advance....

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I use AVG and all updates r stored in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\upd7bin

PS: Here C: is the drive, where u hv installed the Windows!

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
saurabh.sauron said:
for mcafee, i think they are .dat files which u have to copy. for AVG, it is a .bin file such as
u7iavi294zv.bin

plz elaborate a bit about mcafee, i posted a similar ques.. but with no reply

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
u just have to replace the original .dat files with the updated files. take a backup of the .dat files as soon as it is updated.

nach p

Journeyman
I use NOD32 and its update files are stored in program files in updlfiles folder.
There are two ver files and some nup files.
All nupfiles shows modified date when i updated defination.But ver files shows diferent date.
So shall i backup whole folder or only ver or nup files ?

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks a lot guys for the replies.....

I will thankfully be saved from the hassel of Installing the updates all over again when I format my computer.....

This will be a boon for a few of my friends who are still stuck with Dial-up.....

Thank you once again.........

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello All,

Could anyone please tell where the updates for Kaspersky AV get stored in the program files folder??

Peace

HK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom