How to store mp3 songs in a mobile with good quality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraKs

Youngling
hi all..

I need help for Sony Erricson- K750i..

I want to store mp3 songs in my cell. I have heard that one can compress the song ( from 5 MB to as little as 5 KB in size )

I have tried with DBPoweramp.. A hindi song of 5 MB can be made of less size..with decreasing Kbps.. any other good software or
tricks ??

Can anyone tell me how to do it ? Do let me know software which is required for it. ( Freeware / Shareware )

Song should give good clarity when listening using headphone or phone speaker.

Any help ???

5Mb to 5Kb. I think you mean Mp3 to MIDI. It's ok if you're making ringtones. They may end up at about 30Kb. Is 750i an Symbian phone? No, I don't think it's a smartphone. If it is, try Ogg format for music. Search for a similar topic (mp3 on 6600) on this forum.

-Keith

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
K750i is not Symbian phone.

even if mp3 can be compressed from 5 MB to 1 MB itz fine for me..

Do tell me which software can do the job..

spidey

Broken In
the best software available is dbpoweramp which ithink u've tried. try setting the quality to 60kbps and see. well asurphoneis not a symbian one, ogg player wont play in it.

To re-encode to lower bitrate MP3 use CDex (free). See which bitrate works best for you (quality vs filesize). It's personal. Also depends on quality of earphones. The lower the quality of hardware, the lower the bitrate you can use as it's not possible to distinguish loss of audio fidelity.

-Keith

V

vishal_bhatia87

Use iTunes with the settings mention below.

Audio Bitrate: 80 kbps
Channel: Mono
Sample rate: 24.000 kHz

G

gxsaurav

K750i is not a symbian phone for first

Insted of iTunes I prefer that U use Quicktime 6.52 pro, to convert an mp3 file first to un compressed wave, then recompress export to "Sound to mp4", with 64 kbps bitrate & 44.1 KHz sample rate, Stereo, this is enough for Mobile phone & will give quality equivalent to a 128 kbps mp3, as mp4 is better then mp3 when it comes to Mobile phones, low file size but still high quality

aadipa

Padawan
Best I have found is AAC.

Just install dBpower Music Convertor and dBpower AAC Codec. now convert your file (which is most probably MP3) to something like Quality 60~50 VBR settings.

There is no fix settings, you have to listen each song at diff. quality. Some will sound nice even on quality 40 while others will need 70.

If you are batch converting, 60 will be nice bet.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks a lot ppl.. will try all. as of now I am trying with DBPoweramp.. will try others soon.

HellGuardian

Broken In
hey, im unable to play aac sound files(extension .aac, converted using dbpoweramp) in my k700i? i thought the phone supports this format, but the sound file is placed in OTHERS folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom